Missing Hood Liner?

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Today I just noticed the insulating liner on the underside of the hood is missing on my car. Did anyone else's car come from factory without this part? There's a black mark/strip where it looks like it used to be attached. I'm quite perplexed

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
I fitted one of these a while back. I did a post with price and pn if I remember correctly. I got it from SEAT parts. At the time it was the only one showing on the UK parts system. I mainly wanted one to combat the steamy water vapour rising off the bonnet when you park up in the rain. I can't say it makes the car any quieter !

20210327_091723.jpg

A.k

Mar 1, 2021

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Thanks guys. Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed increased oil temps with the hood liner? I know it's not a great estimate of air intake temperature but I'm wondering if more heat gets trapped this way.

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
I picked the bonnet liner up with the car so I can't say whether it makes any difference to the running temp or not. I would guess it makes no difference in the UK as the car runs pretty cool anyway. The oil temp seems to run few degrees cooler than my Leon 1.5tsi

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.