Missing Hood Liner?

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Today I just noticed the insulating liner on the underside of the hood is missing on my car. Did anyone else's car come from factory without this part? There's a black mark/strip where it looks like it used to be attached. I'm quite perplexed

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
I fitted one of these a while back. I did a post with price and pn if I remember correctly. I got it from SEAT parts. At the time it was the only one showing on the UK parts system. I mainly wanted one to combat the steamy water vapour rising off the bonnet when you park up in the rain. I can't say it makes the car any quieter !

20210327_091723.jpg

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
Was told by dealer they can't sell it me as only listed for a diesel

A.k

Mar 1, 2021

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Thanks guys. Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed increased oil temps with the hood liner? I know it's not a great estimate of air intake temperature but I'm wondering if more heat gets trapped this way.

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
I picked the bonnet liner up with the car so I can't say whether it makes any difference to the running temp or not. I would guess it makes no difference in the UK as the car runs pretty cool anyway. The oil temp seems to run few degrees cooler than my Leon 1.5tsi