Mk1 Leon Cupra 1.8T Boost Guage Help

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Hello everyone :p

I need some help, I've bought a boost gauge, I know how to fit it and how it works etc, but I need some help with where I can route the vacuum pipe? I've removed the fuse cover, fuse box cover etc, removed the light switch so I can see what I have to work with, check under the bonnet as well but still can't find a viable plug / hole to feed the vacuum hose

I've looked at the guide:

h t t p : / / w w w . seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=540&Itemid=6

and maybe it's just me but I just can't understand what EXACTLY he did, or where he fed the vacuum hose

This is my first VAG car so be gentle, I've fitted loads of boost gauge to jap cars before with ease.

Any pictures would be helpful

Aug 24, 2007
mine didn't have a grommet, just a round flat area of plastic that I carefully drilled a hole through :)

dan boy

May 1, 2008
loughborough
Hello Dan, that's the same guide i'm looking at above, but I can't locate that grommet

i think if you look to the right of the red circle on pic its there .the pic with red circle round it is the bonnet realese cable there is another one in there it took me a bit of time to find it mate bit it is there thats the one i went into .i put a metal coat hanger into it after made hole and pulled pipe from inside to outside of car it is easy to see that way if not you are having to search around under dash for a little pipe nightmare then us sillcon pipe if you can because the heat from under bonnet makes the plastic ones crush up after about an hour and your bosst gauge just stops working .will try get a pic for you tomoz if i can of right one to put it into

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
As promised, pictures:

16052010850.jpg

16052010886.jpg

I'm very happy with the result, I think it looks ace, and a perfect match with the standard dial colour. [B)]

Cool eh?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise