MK1 Leon Cupra R system upgrade but keeping h/u and cd changer?

Scon

Hey dudes,

The standard system is pretty crap, but I don't want to lose the cd changer.

I've already got a two channel amp as I used to run a sub off it (don't want to take up the boot space with a sub anymore!) so if I replaced all the standard speakers with good ones and ran the fronts off the amp, will I get a half decent sound?

Has anyone done this? If so, what speakers did you go for?

Anybody with any further suggestions?

Basically don't want to spend a lot of money as this is a job I won't be able to do myself so I'll have to pay to have it installed, so won't to keep the costs of the equipment down (but I do want to use good speakers)

Lemme know what you all think!

Cheers!

Mr_Magistus

who am i???
Feb 22, 2005
UK
Ive not done this but JBL are always worth looking at. I will be changing the h/u and cd changer when i find one i like.. Thats suppose to be really easy.

Word of warning thou. i think in the LCR the speakers are riveted in so you might need to find someway of fitting new speakers there

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Its not the speakers that are holding things up, its the rubbish HU.

Change the HU and you will notice a huge difference.

There is absoloutly no point in cd changers nowadays as all new HU's are MP3 compatible meaning you can get all of them 6 cd's you'd have in the changer onto 1 disc in your new HU.

You'll still have rubbish sound with uprated speakers and same standard HU

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
blaupunkt do an adapter which works with the standard changer.

just fitted it to my leon. doesn't work with all their headunits, but i can post a list if you like?

i use it with a dx-r52 satnav unit

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members