mk1 LEON grille and "S" Removal - to paint the "S" now with pics

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
please dont flame me I have tried searching but getting no where

could anyone tell me how to remove the "S" on the fron of the car - want to paint it and as I am going to be home for a while thought now would be a good time to do this

Many thanks

Last edited:

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
The center grill bit just pulls out, lift from bottom and pull towards you but getting the S badge out is a lot harder, you will have to cut the 2 bits of plastic off the back where it holds the badge in place, it doesn't need gluing afterwards, it a tight enough fit for it to hold and after a while you will need to repaint due to stone chips.

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
cheers guys grille is off pull off clip on trimto view screw then pull up from base

Need to be careful as my grill is allready damaged

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
ok so grille is out

chrome S has been removed and scotch padded

Plastic Primer apllied and allowed to dry

Just aiting on Black top coat

pics to follow when i get them uploaded

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
decided to go and use the damaged gril as a tester here so added some red to the frme which hold the S and hlued it back together:)

going to ring and find out cost of replacement as there are no honey comb style on ebay

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
pics are here

neededglue.jpg

the green lines show what I had to glue to repair the grille even though it is missing the top curve on one side

Image474.jpg

scotch padded to a dull finnish

Image475.jpg

Primmed

Image478.jpg

Drying the S

Image481.jpg

hand painted the red

Image482.jpg

left over night to dry / harden

Image483.jpg

built up this morning ready to put on before driving to work - fitted it when car was defrosting - not going in now :)

will get a pic on the car when the light comes

Last edited:

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
I did this once... you just watch one day you'll park your car up after a journey and I guarantee you will have a stone chip somewhere on the 'S' - lol, it always happens.

Looks good though

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
not 100% convinced if I will keep this look when i get my new grille but it was worth a go

Image484.jpg

Image485.jpg

next one will be masked and painted - not hand painted like this one (Brush marks and highs and lows)