mk2 design ageless?

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
i was thinking the other day how so many cars look outdated so quickly, like the ax and clio for example

now despite both cars that are around the same age as the mk2, they look several years older imo

and looking at my facelifted mk2 99 plate, i think the design still looks good and ages well. ok it is not looking as modern as todays offering, and the interior now looks old as far as i am concered.

but the exterior styling looks like it is still only a few years old to me, where as the design is now close to 10

just wondered if anyone else thinks this

Flameboydan

Oct 23, 2005
Swindon + Nottingham
Totally agree with you there mate, the only other car i think has aged as well is my mk2 golf! But the seat still looks like it could be a new market design today, SEAT did themselves well

Mckellar

:D agree'd always thought VW/SEAT cars have looked newer and still fresher than cars of its age too.
I like the interior of my mk2 facelift, ive got the newer 1/2 bucket sort of seats and i think they look great, even compared to newer seats.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Love the MK2 styling, I think because VAG cars arent so radically styled when they are new like the french cars etc that they last longer in the fashion stakes, Its a quality look not an attention grabbing look if that makes sense bit like the GTi MK1.

Unfortunately some more recent VAG offerings arent going to have this everlasting appeal.

Badja

Don't even get me started on how awesome the Mk2 beeza is. The design is a timeless classic. Still floats my boat and probably still will in 10 years time..... Speaking of which, I'll prolly still have mine up for sale in 10 years time. PMSL!!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.