Mk2 Ibiza Ideas

• Thread starter Deleted member 27930
  • Start date

Deleted member 27930

I Just bought myself a 1999 Mk2 1.4 SE Ibiza and the engine looks a bit crappy as my car is completely standard. i was wondering if anyone knows of any kits or things i can do to make it look better or perform better. Cheaper the better and simply too.. Air flow things , Induction kits etc. Also as i am a newbie i would need to know where they would be fitted.

Pictures would be helpful thanks. Show me some inspiration please:)

Last edited by a moderator:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
we do, just not while driving home from work

Anyway, the best way to improve the performance from a 1.4 is to make it 'fun' - so improve the handing with a basic suspension kit, some 16's with good tyres & new discs & pads

Deleted member 27930

Well im glad i only work 3 days a week :p , i can tinker with my car.. Obviously being my first car i dont want to whack aload of mods on it and take the insurance sky high.. what would you suggeest to be a starting point for little mods? cheers

Deleted member 27930

Ok i like the ideas thanks

Silly question.. Whats a panel filter and cold air feed? (ima complete newb)

MomoMK2

Jul 3, 2007
York
Well im glad i only work 3 days a week :p , i can tinker with my car.. Obviously being my first car i dont want to whack aload of mods on it and take the insurance sky high.. what would you suggeest to be a starting point for little mods? cheers

welcome dude! i also own a 1.4 although we do make up a minority on here with our teeny tiny engines, best thing to do really is to try not to focus on performance except as mork said suspension, wheels w/ decent tyres, other than that just make it cool but be careful.....

the most popular reaction to this on here would be the 'no rice' approach, by that i mean avoid at all costs most aftermarket jap/chinese plastic ie: body kits, don't get tempted by 90% of the stuff on ebay would be my advice.

i was in ur situation when i got my 1.4 and since then ive done the following...

searched high and low for geniune seat ibiza cupra parts for example i've got hold of... leather tiger stripe '98 cupra interior, 16v cupra spoiler, cupra side skirts, cupra red rear reflective strip, gti front splitter etc.

these will make ur beeza look sweet the way it was supposed to look sweet.

these genuine body bits are available from any seat dealership but be prepared to pay the earth to get some of it ordered in. (although the gti front splitter is on £11 and looks sweet- go order one!)

other cheapish mods include...

badgeless grill (FK do the best one thats a replica of the original without the badge obviously (see my pic))

lights, although 99% of lighting is an insult to the ibiza, ive got black angel eye headlamps and smoked side repeaters for a polo but this is as far as i'd go with lighting. (and if my car was'nt silver or kiwi i would have left it standard)

aero wipers, cool (imo) and cheap.

tints (depending on the colour of your car, can look good, not too dark).

dewiper ur rear windscreen (free, well about 10p for a rubber bung, looks loads better)

i know i havent really covered performance but with this engine its really not worth forking out for induction kits etc, i believe you'll notice very little difference and it probably wont be worth the cost of all that extra fuel it'll be sucking up!!

these are just my opinions, get some pics up of ur car as standard and see what people reckon, check out the gallery on ibiza mk2 encyclopedia (google it) to see what others have done and find out what you like/dislike.

welcome to SC.N!

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I forgot to add on my last post that I am also one of the minority because I have a 1.4 aswell.

Id go with what was said above. You could change your exhaust aswell but only do this if you are getting something custom made or you can get your hands on a mk3 cupra exhaust.

I have dark smoke tints ready to go on the rear 3 windows of my car and a gti splitter. Plus a few little other things.

Oh and Welcome!!

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Start off with a decent set of tyres. They're not mega expensive in common sizes. You'll benefit from better performance in cornering and braking - acceleration is never going to be a strong point with the 1.4

Deleted member 27930

Wow Thanks you got some great mod ideas.. Before you even said it i wanted black angel eyes for the front. And your pic looks mint. I wouldnt mind the custom grill/with no badge.

Also if i can get hold of them a set of 16" genuine seat wheels would go a miss. Obviously i said im a complete novice so looking for parts for my beezer is simple but it's whether they fit or not lol. You got any good sites to visit if ebay is offlimits?

One Final thing.. with the suspension kit.. do i want a lowering set or just to ugrade the suspension?

Standard Beeza--->>

DSC00201-1.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00202jgyj.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
ibiza.jpg

A 1.4 Ibiza isnt by any means fast but isnt exactly slow either,

Fitted with decent suspension, better tyres, better Air filter and brakes, they're alot of fun, even though Ive moved on to somthing better, I still miss it.

Deleted member 27930

cruiser you got any example of these full kits.. i had a scout around and tbh i dont what is a safe brand.. Not too expensive but not budget.. Also buying alloys i can do but i wouldn't mind have nice wide tyres..but not too wide so that it rubs my wheel arches. Got any recommended sizes?
Sorry to ask alot of questions i am learning :) and i appreciate the help

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
ibiza.jpg

A 1.4 Ibiza isnt by any means fast but isnt exactly slow either,

Fitted with decent suspension, better tyres, better Air filter and brakes, they're alot of fun, even though Ive moved on to somthing better, I still miss it.

I love that picture btw. I love how much the front wheel is tucked into the arch on the way round the corner!!

cruiser you got any example of these full kits.. i had a scout around and tbh i dont what is a safe brand.. Not too expensive but not budget.. Also buying alloys i can do but i wouldn't mind have nice wide tyres..but not too wide so that it rubs my wheel arches. Got any recommended sizes?
Sorry to ask alot of questions i am learning :) and i appreciate the help

Its Craig btw.

It depends how much of a budget that you have to spend on them. Ive heard alot of things about the jackson tuning suspension kit or coilovers. I haven't had any experience using them tbh.

Deleted member 27930

Well i am a working lad so each month i can get a new part. I got a few quid to start its just where to start. what to get first really..

MomoMK2

Jul 3, 2007
York
Wow Thanks you got some great mod ideas.. Before you even said it i wanted black angel eyes for the front. And your pic looks mint. I wouldnt mind the custom grill/with no badge.

Also if i can get hold of them a set of 16" genuine seat wheels would go a miss. Obviously i said im a complete novice so looking for parts for my beezer is simple but it's whether they fit or not lol. You got any good sites to visit if ebay is offlimits?

One Final thing.. with the suspension kit.. do i want a lowering set or just to ugrade the suspension?

imo im not sure about angel eyes against that colour.

i wouldnt say ebay is off limits dude you can find some great stuff that would otherwise be nigh on impossible to track down, eg- a couple of months back 2 (count it TWO) written off silver gtis came up on ebay and were completely raped of all gti parts eg- skirts, fogs, splitter, rear reflector etc

what i meant by that was if you simply search 'seat ibiza' in parts on ebay ALL the new stuff thats not geniune is basically crap, but its obviously your choice (ive found on ebay if you use the search filters and check 'replacement parts' instead of 'mod/enhancement' under 'intended use' you'll generally get alot more genuine stuff, also try 'seat ibiza breaking' every time you go on ebay, most of the time therell be nothing you need but the only way to catch the bargains is to check regularly!)

look at F2 stus pics- brilliant example of your colour 1.4 subtley modified, you could go for seat alloys and i wouldnt want to persuade you to copy F2 Stu but those compomotive (i presume) alloys look the shiz in white against that colour. also an example there of the gti splitter you should think about as a cheap mod.

i paid £120 for my FK full kit which is good enough for me and lowers my arches 40mm, this was second hand but had never been fitted, think RRP around £200ish. there are also some coilovers in the £200 range (adjustable suspension) available through a contact on a forum called club polo. someone should be able to provide a link.

Deleted member 27930

well lukily i dont need a bonnent haha.. o btw.. i just went to move my car and it would start :O , the engine turns over so i dont think its the battery and i got half a tank of petrol in there.. any suggestions to what it is??

Also I Was looking for a splitter and they are apparently £20? Any1 got any direct links to get 1
And i was looking through ebay at people braking for spares.. how would i get my hands on a single part? or do i buy the whole vehicle lol?

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
As mentioned before you need to email breakers and ask them for the specific part you need, you don't buy the whole car.
My 1.4 wasn't the quickest car around, but lowered onto my 16"s it used to fly around b roads as good as anything!
I might have a set of 16" cupra ronals for sale, depending on if they go when I sell my 1.4. Can let you know if you are looking for a set, they are white so will look nice against the colour of your car.

Good luck with it all mate

Ollie

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise