MK2 Leon Cupra R! - Speed Blue. *Induction and Splitter Page2/3 - 09/02/14*

Damon_

Mar 19, 2011
Oh I almost forgot...

The LCR is very quiet on the front end seeing as it has about 260bhp i expected alot more "turbo noise"

So after doing some research it seemed that an induction kit really let these engines make some noise. I decided on going for the Revo Ceramic coated race induction kit. What a kit it is.

I purchased from LVS Racing and it arrived within a couple of days.

Here it is:

Standard bay:

and induction fitted:

Blurry :/

Few from the Go Pro too:

The induction kit sounds absolutely fantastic! A nice strong "dump" when giving it some, and a nice chatter when a small amount of boost. Perfect.

...and a couple of the interior while I was there:

Last edited:

Damon_

Mar 19, 2011
Oh also the car came with a Revolution/Evolution (not sure which) Engine cover, anyone have any idea of how to fit this? Any guides?

Thanks in advance!

SeanH.

VAG *****
May 27, 2012
Dublin
After drooling over MK2 LCR's all morning I think it's time for me to pull the finger out and buy one. I have a MK1 LCR and I love it but the MK2's are simply stunning! :funk:

Damon, your car is an absolute credit to you and the previous owner, it's absolutely spotless! I want it :whistle:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Nice choice with the induction kit bud. I replaced my Evoms with one and even tho its not done much for extra performance its deffo louder. I fitted some R8 red coilpacks as well to brighten up the bay a bit lol. How much was your recaro baby seat???

herbie147

Dec 24, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Yea was by far the best car trip I've ever done took 23 hours all in but wasn't really a dull moment.

Where did you get yours from? Get a thread up :)

You lot are talking me out of it now lol. I just thought the black would tie in with the diffuser and mirrors etc.

Looking forward to taking it out for a Sunday drive in a bit, got to love Cornwalls coastal b roads :)

I went down from Aberdeen to Birmingham to pick mines up.

I'll be submitting a thread on my car as soon as the weather is better plus I'm working offshore at the moment.

Damon_

Mar 19, 2011
Lovely motor - this is what colour Im after next. Are they standard light clusters ?

They are standard clusters yet, but from a 2012- seat leon. Are about £500 and need to be coded in by a dealer to work. Well worth it imo[B)]

After drooling over MK2 LCR's all morning I think it's time for me to pull the finger out and buy one. I have a MK1 LCR and I love it but the MK2's are simply stunning! :funk:

Damon, your car is an absolute credit to you and the previous owner, it's absolutely spotless! I want it :whistle:

Do it Sean, you won't regret it! Sorry not having mine ;)

Nice choice with the induction kit bud. I replaced my Evoms with one and even tho its not done much for extra performance its deffo louder. I fitted some R8 red coilpacks as well to brighten up the bay a bit lol. How much was your recaro baby seat???

Ive got a cover to cover all that up just dont know how to fit it lol. The Recaro seat was £150. Worth it though as has the big improved side impact protection with a 5 star safety rating. Also has an AUX jack and surround sound speakers all built in. Perfect when on a long drive with a tablet :)

I think i'll have to get myself one of the splitters. What exhaust is that you have?

Splitter is a must on an LCR imo. The exhaust is a Milltek mate, sounds fantastic.

I went down from Aberdeen to Birmingham to pick mines up.

I'll be submitting a thread on my car as soon as the weather is better plus I'm working offshore at the moment.

Look forward to seeing yours mate [B)]

Looks much better with the splitter :)

Cheers mate.

Great ride! Any info on a quick easy way to fit the splitter?

Not really, i just jacked up both sides so i could get underneath. Then put in place with axle stands. Drilled the holes then realised i couldnt get the bolts and nuts on. So i just used self tappers.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Good choice on the Revo mate, same thing I've got on mine. Car is looking well.

Didn't you get the foam protection bit that goes round the pipework where the heatshield is?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.