MK2 Rain sensing wipers issue

Aug 14, 2021
Hi There All

I have just bought a MK 2 Seat Leon FR with rain sensing wipers but when it rains they do not come on automatically. I have a little device connected to the inside of my windscreen on the top left side. Has anyone got any ideas?

Thank you all in advance 😊

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Check your sensor on the window, It needs to be flush and tight to the glass. It may be the gel strip has come away from the window. Check this out.

Reactions: MrMK2

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Silly question but do you have the wipers turned on? The auto setting is the first click up on the stalk then the multi position switch on the stalk adjusts sensitivity.

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Yes the first click up will put them on, your wipers will wipe once I think and they will go back to home position but sticking out about an inch or so. Flicking the stork down one will turn the auto off and then you will see the wipers move about inch closer to the window frame.

Aug 14, 2021
Silly question but do you have the wipers turned on? The auto setting is the first click up on the stalk then the multi position switch on the stalk adjusts sensitivity.
That’s Exackly what it was lol. Sorry I came from a 2005 polo so still learning the new features. Thank you for the help 😊

Aug 14, 2021
Yes the first click up will put them on, your wipers will wipe once I think and they will go back to home position but sticking out about an inch or so. Flicking the stork down one will turn the auto off and then you will see the wipers move about inch closer to the window frame.
Silly me that’s was that was the problem. Thank you for your help 😊

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members