MK2 Wiper blade advice

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Troops, bit of a noob question so apologies. Trying to get my car sorted out a bit for winter after finally getting a nightmare water leak fixed and I've noticed marks not only on the bottom left windscreen from the blades but now also from the blades on the right side which is starting to affect my view whilst driving.

I'm assuming the new garage where it had its MOT/Service this year never bothered recommending me new wipers and I want to put some good ones on it but have always just trusted the old Arnold Clark dealer where I'd bought the car new back in 2010 to fit them for me. Best ones to go for and it's mainly for the front blades.

Also does anyone know if I'll be able to do anything about the arcing wiper marks that I have on both lower corners that I mentioned? Any advice would be well appreciated.

Haven't posted here in years but it's good to be back! :)

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
+1 on the Silencios, just ordered some new ones as the old Silencios are a couple of years old now. Best wipers I have had.

Reactions: demonear

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Cheers guys I've just went for the Silencios from Amazon there but will try the Bosch if there's any problems!

Anyone know how to best git rid of (hopefully minor) scratches left in an arc by my old wipers? Something to buff them out or anything?

RnPnJ

Apr 3, 2015
Valeos here too. Get them cheap from ECP during one of their sales

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I use Bosch but mainly as I have Halfords trade card so get them for cheaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
23.99 on ECP at the moment be £12.50 on Halfords trade card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Most people don't have halfords trade card so ecp usually come out cheaper to the casual consumer

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

kevo13

Dec 14, 2018
Most people don't have halfords trade card so ecp usually come out cheaper to the casual consumer

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
for the glass arc scratches on the screen,use glass polish or some jewellers rouge ,a very fine abrasive used for polishing diamonds n jewellry

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Bought some Valeo Silencios a couple of weeks ago.
So far, very impressed with them. Direct fit so easy to install and look OE.
Lovely a quiet swipe.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.