Mk3 Dash questions.

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
OK yes I've searched, but the info I found didn't answer a few questions...

So if you fit a Mk3 dash what happens to the heater controls? I assume they don't fit in the Mk3 dash as the Mk3 uses the HU for control.

Does the Mk2 instrument cluster fit in the Mk3 dash?

How hard is it to modify the wiring for the light switch, or does the Mk2 switch clip in instead of the Mk3 one?

Cheers for any info :)

Pete

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
I'm pretty sure the clocks are inter-changable Pete.... as I know when peeps fit VR6's etc in Mk2's, they just use the golf instrument cluster.....

As for the Air-con/heater controls..... :confused:..... you're right, the Mk3 uses the HU, where-as the Mk2 uses the 3 knobs in the centre console.....

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
On the continent the MK3 came with standard heater controls and head unit slot on the base model. So if you could find a standard model continental faceplate for the centre of the dash it might swap over for RHD

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
I'm pretty sure the clocks are inter-changable Pete.... as I know when peeps fit VR6's etc in Mk2's, they just use the golf instrument cluster.....

As for the Air-con/heater controls..... :confused:..... you're right, the Mk3 uses the HU, where-as the Mk2 uses the 3 knobs in the centre console.....

Yeah but the clocks are a completely different shape on the Mk3, and I think the glass is shaped the wrong way round too.

On the continent the MK3 came with standard heater controls and head unit slot on the base model. So if you could find a standard model continental faceplate for the centre of the dash it might swap over for RHD

Interesting...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise