mk3 ibiza cupra GT28rs back yard build!

mc funbot

its a beast its got boost
Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
hay guys an girls
just an update ive been meening to do a little write up but never have the time due to work an bmx!!
i sold my lovely mk4 golf 1.8t a while back an didnt know what to get..

Last edited:

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
mymk4.jpg

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
i got chatting to kev an carl an revo technik an started talking about the seat ibiza cupra. was my mission to find one!!
i drove to many an traveled so far an there were all poope spend about 7 months looking and then.... i found one
some old guy had kept it in a garage since new

standard.jpg

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
the fun started from there,it was an awesome car FSH 86k on the clock an he just put it in for a full service costing him £500!!
on the drive home was a on the phone to the boys an coilovers were on order an she went down.
until i found out there is a bit fat donut weight on the drivers side drive shaft an it stoped me turning left so she went up alittle. i no its bad i was told coilovers only go one way DOWN.after that wheels got painted black as they got curbed to death by the 1st owner. soo got bored of black do they went purple instead

DSC01405.jpg

new wheels got added a while after that i picked up at a good price just to help it along a little, aswell as revo sorting a stage 1 map on it!
IMG_0351.jpg

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
I can't. I'd just decided I can live with a black one :cry: Now I just want an imperial blue on again :(

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
needed a little wider in my life even on 20mm spacers still not the look i wanted. managed to get a set of rota slipstreems in 8j was more than hard work at a good price,THS hooked me up with an intercooler through revo.i built my pipe work an other bits i needed at the time an the good guys at revo sorted a turbo back system from miltek with a 100cell

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Links under the picture 'My Dark Chilpra' Dude, you've done wonders with that. Looks sooo much better than standard! How are you finding the Cone filter sat so low?

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
after all going so well somthing had to give!!
an i waaaaaaaaas my front engine mount pullin of from the lights at 5am in the morning on the way to work so not fun but just about got my car in the car park at work!!it snapped clean. the only thing holding it up was my oil filter managed to squash intercooler pipes an damage my cambelt!!

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
cleanbay.jpg

slowly getting there...

just keeping it simple with a citroen c5 airial from work.im sure no one will mind
IMG_1424.jpg

what a poope weekend!! after getting the bike in the car to go riding with the lads get my car out the garage my seat belt dont wona release! so after striping half my car an calling seat they want £211 for a new seat belt so that was a no!! then my drivers window thought it would be a good idea to DIE clip on the back of the window arm snapped but a split pin an a cuppa tea sorted it
IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg
IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

after taking this apart all the clips broke a made me pissed of at the stupid thing.
the handle on the door have a rubber coating i stipped it down an thought a lick of paint would do them good an it worked..
yes cider was needed to finish the job

IMG_1439.jpg

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
now the boost gauge is in an working whooooooo.. needs a little work an ill be happy with it. gota love redbull making 52mm cans

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

an for one VANS sent me an order on time an i got my vinal rap. this is what happened
looks awesome to me
IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

mc funbot

Jan 29, 2010
sunny kettering
www.seatcupra.net
were all good again everything is back working an all the heating aswell. better than having it fitted under my dash etc or if cut out an fitted with out changing the double din you have to take the A/C fuse out as it runs all the time!

IMG_1425.jpg

myn.jpg

seatwoods2.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise