• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.

MK3 Leon Cupra R - rumour and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
is that actually confirmed somewhere, i thought they might but i was hoping to have it as my next motor :(
Well I haven't seen the latest VW report, but I don't think they've confirmed officially but it seems it's strongly suggested on the 7R forums

kentbloke

Jan 2, 2015
Greenhithe KENT
is that actually confirmed somewhere, i thought they might but i was hoping to have it as my next motor :(

You and me both, i waited to the Frankfurt show to see what news there was, , not a whisper , wich i found very odd. Then Evo mag done a small bit about no one at VW wanting to talk about the R400, then Ford dropped the Focus rs bomb, so i put me money down and ordered one.

Last edited:

shadak

Feb 13, 2014
Ive had 1.8T for 2 years now but having a nice discount on CUPRA 290 I went for it last week. The manufacturing is a bit quicker now according to the dealer so hopefully here around April 2016.

Now the waiting begins...

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Are you serious? That's a fe*king ugly car. In particular, the low hips of the Mk7 are a disaster, but actually there's not much else either to cheer for. Especially not with this CS joke, or compared with a Leon.

:banned:
The day I take styling tips from someone from Stockholm will be the day they can serve Ben and Jerrys in the underworld ;) what do you mean hips? She is a thing of beauty and no one will convince me otherwise :1st:

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
The day I take styling tips from someone from Stockholm will be the day they can serve Ben and Jerrys in the underworld ;) what do you mean hips? She is a thing of beauty and no one will convince me otherwise :1st:
Thanks for making my day. I actually peed a little when laughing to such a comment coming from someone in the UK....!

Anyhow, I guess it's with good taste and a keen eye for design like it is with musicality. Some people simply don't have it...

:moon:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Anyone know any more on the Cupra R speculation?
They've used the 290 to refresh the Cupra promotion a bit so expect it to go quiet for a bit.

Think facelift later this year which starts with the cooking models then onto facelift cupra time.

A mk3 LCR in 18 months time would tempt me.

gamer555

Dec 6, 2008
Brussels
to me the Cupra 290 is great news, it means the new facelifted Cupra R should break the 300 hp psychological barrier :) I know it's only 10 hp extra (or close to none in reality), but it sounds different (in a good way) :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listers, parts supplier