MK3 Leon Cupra R - rumour and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I think if / when the Cupra R is released it will have the same price tag as the new Cupra but at that point the new Cupra will reduce in price tag by a few thousand as was done in the past?

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
according to the salesman when i purchased my car 2 weeks ago he said it will just be the cupra they are not doing the R
He's trying to sell you a Cupra, the last thing he is going to tell you is that an R will be available and lose the sale.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Dont expect a LCR until 2016-2017, if you follow the MK2 it will be another roll out model.

I would like it to be 300+. Probably 320ps.

Of course 4wd would be good but i very much doubt it.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Dont expect a LCR until 2016-2017, if you follow the MK2 it will be another roll out model.

I would like it to be 300+. Probably 320ps.

Of course 4wd would be good but i very much doubt it.
I think the definitive answer will come from next months Geneva car show , if a Cupra R is close it will debut there even if it's in concept form.

I'm going to buy an S1 , the styling looks great , the performance even better and 4wd oh and it's manual only which makes my choice even easier , this think with a nice little map on it will be an absolute hoot to drive and a pocket rocket.

One thing I do know for sure the tuning companies are going to be spoilt for choice this year with all these new models.
The polo R is due 2015 , based on the S1 platform and running gear , and if seat can't get a Cupra R out by then to compete then a lot of prospective buyers will have their heads turned by the Polo R , S1 and even a year old S3

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I wouldn't have thought they'd have hinted at an R so soon, surely that would hurt Cupra sales. As others have said it'll be a few years away yet.

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

coxxic

Sep 29, 2006
CZ
www.absolutsystem.com
We have here in CZ the situation around cupra a bit different. The list price is according actual rate 24300 Euros for 280 5d with six speed manual gearbox. I don't believe it can go lower to let cupra r has got the same price tag later. And what more you can get a discount at dealership. E.g. Golf gti without perf pack is about 22890 euros list price.

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
I think the definitive answer will come from next months Geneva car show , if a Cupra R is close it will debut there even if it's in concept form.

I'm going to buy an S1 , the styling looks great , the performance even better and 4wd oh and it's manual only which makes my choice even easier , this think with a nice little map on it will be an absolute hoot to drive and a pocket rocket.

One thing I do know for sure the tuning companies are going to be spoilt for choice this year with all these new models.
The polo R is due 2015 , based on the S1 platform and running gear , and if seat can't get a Cupra R out by then to compete then a lot of prospective buyers will have their heads turned by the Polo R , S1 and even a year old S3
So basically you don't care that the A1 design is bu*t ugly.....? Hahaha Ehhrrmmm....sorry, couldn't resist. Each to his/her own, I know, I know.

:whistle:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
So basically you don't care that the A1 design is bu*t ugly.....? Hahaha Ehhrrmmm....sorry, couldn't resist. Each to his/her own, I know, I know.

:whistle:

Thought the mk3 was butt ugly when it came out and all.
Still not 100% sold BUT Id give an organ to have an all black Cupra 280 DSG. The right colour can hide lines in a car, which black does nicely on the 280.

Maybe the same applies to the A1?....and a blindfold

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Thought the mk3 was butt ugly when it came out and all.
Still not 100% sold BUT Id give an organ to have an all black Cupra 280 DSG. The right colour can hide lines in a car, which black does nicely on the 280.

Maybe the same applies to the A1?....and a blindfold
I for one have always thought the MK3 is a really good looking car. In any trim and/or body. :)

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
I was at the dealers today checking out my new FR it was parked at the side of a brand spanking new Cupra in white got talking to the salesman and he says there will be a Cupra R quoted 305BHP and 4 wheel drive but then he was a salesman he could be speculating

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I was at the dealers today checking out my new FR it was parked at the side of a brand spanking new Cupra in white got talking to the salesman and he says there will be a Cupra R quoted 305BHP and 4 wheel drive but then he was a salesman he could be speculating
Pure speculation dude, only a handful of people at SEAT ES will know at this moment in time what the plans for the Cupra R if there are any at all.

Sales person will know jack all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP Autostyling