Status
Not open for further replies.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
MN9p30g.jpg

Scott

which is like a red rag to a bull for all those who believe in conspiracy theories lol

Cupra-CY

It's typical SEAT modus operandi. The second generation Leon was launched around May 2005, the Cupra was presented in London in summer 2006 and was available for sale in early 2007. The facelift was announced in February 2009 and the Cupra R in August 2009 and officially presented in Frankfurt a month later.

I think we can all do the math.

vicalva

Cup Racing R - Legend
Aug 13, 2003
Madrid
Visit site
Sounds great!!! There has to be a Cupra R 4WD. Our future would not be the same without it. I'll start saving today :). Just got myself a second-hand BMW 330 coupe 272bhp, isn't half bad, but the idea of a potential CupraR 4WD keeps me awake at night. SEAT...Surely Exciting And Terrific.

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
What price point are they going for with the R? The 280 would dictate it would be the wrong side of £30k, ouch! Or they bring it out sub £30k and reduce the Cupra?

Either load it up and put it over £30k or be mean with the options and stick it around the same as the Cupra.
Can't see the Cupra price coming down.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
What price point are they going for with the R? The 280 would dictate it would be the wrong side of £30k, ouch! Or they bring it out sub £30k and reduce the Cupra?

If the Cupra 4 gets 4 wd it will be sub £28k
Just for info for you can buy a golf R for under £28 k if you really haggle ,
But I'm going to say it again , it won't be 4wd , the Cupra R won't be allowed to steal sales away from the Audi S3 or Golf R and the brand is not strong enough for people to pay £30k for a SEAT.

herbie147

Dec 24, 2013
Aberdeenshire
But I'm going to say it again , it won't be 4wd , the Cupra R won't be allowed to steal sales away from the Audi S3 or Golf R and the brand is not strong enough for people to pay £30k for a SEAT.

Even if the R was 4wd and came out at <30k, I still think most of the badge snobs would go for the VW & Audi.

NickCupraR

NickIbiza
Mar 2, 2009
Chichester Portsmouth Area

Agree but if the ST has 4wd then they have the platform and they should be able to go for it. Seat need to start making a profit for Volkswagen and they can't/wont if VAG dont let them

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Been into dealers today (Star City Birmingham) to have a nose at the Cupra 280 , they have two, one black in showroom and t'other red outside. Spoke to salesman, he reckons the R will be out late next year, will have 300+ ponies AND be 4wd.asked him about price and he said £30k ish. He said it with a straight face too! Told him at that price I'd be looking at a Golf R unless the Leon had a lot of standard kit, and looked a bit different to the Cupra.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Been into dealers today (Star City Birmingham) to have a nose at the Cupra 280 , they have two, one black in showroom and t'other red outside. Spoke to salesman, he reckons the R will be out late next year, will have 300+ ponies AND be 4wd.asked him about price and he said £30k ish. He said it with a straight face too! Told him at that price I'd be looking at a Golf R unless the Leon had a lot of standard kit, and looked a bit different to the Cupra.

Shock horror a salesman with a straight face lol
He really wouldn't know what was coming out even if it ran him over.

Just for the record the golf R can can had for £27k not all the bells and whistles but a better car

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Shock horror a salesman with a straight face lol
He really wouldn't know what was coming out even if it ran him over.

Just for the record the golf R can can had for £27k not all the bells and whistles but a better car

I know, will probably keep Leon for another year and see what's about then. The Cupra looks good but doesn't grab you, if you get what I mean. Will seriously consider the Golf next time.
I wouldn't trust a salesman to tell me what day it was...... :D

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I'm looking for a golf R at the mo after the S1 I was after came out at £29k !

Followed a lapis blue one today , they have some lovely touches on them , it's very much a grown up golf R now compared to the mk6 much more if a chiseled look

Siboneh

Apr 3, 2012
UK
A very bad Golf R400 and Cupra merge attempt.

(Has two filler caps lol)

Should have left the Golf wheels on.
a8yty7u4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise