MK3 Leon Cupra R - rumour and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Oh that's interesting, I always wondered why the Cupra was faster to 200kph.

Not that I don't believe you, but how did you know this?

I've seen 3 or 4 including my own make 300 on RR.

Plus I compared the OEM file to a Golf R file.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
I've seen 3 or 4 including my own make 300 on RR.

Plus I compared the OEM file to a Golf R file.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Loving this car more by the day!!! It's not like a bimmer on a rolling road where the front wheels need to be rolling hand stuff like that is it?

esde

Jul 23, 2015
In Poland, dealers will get detailed info about 290 around end of September... Until then, orders on 280 will be scheduled normally. This is the info from my dealer, which asked the polish importer.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Thats for the 5 door 280, the DSG SC (3 door) is only 149 and thats why my road tax was only £140 instead of £ 175.

according to the website I was quoting from, the SC 290 is 156.
5 door is 156 also ( my mistake, I read the ST bit)
ST is 158.
all manuals by the look of it, can't see DSG mentioned.
going on that, it appears there is no difference between the 3 and 5 doors, if DSG is fitted and its the same difference (5) then the 290 SC & 5 door will be 151.
all subject to change at the moment though......

Last edited:

Accy187

Sep 11, 2015
Just been in to sign for my 280 (collecting Tuesday morning).

Got speaking to the mgr (drives a 280 ST O/P) about the Cupra R. He was certain (as was the lady who served me) that the Cupra R is coming mid next year as he was waiting to change his company car to get one.

He said it will have circa 360 bhp and 4wd but will be behind the Golf R and S3 which will move up to 400 bhp each to combat the Focus RS.

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Just been in to sign for my 280 (collecting Tuesday morning).

Got speaking to the mgr (drives a 280 ST O/P) about the Cupra R. He was certain (as was the lady who served me) that the Cupra R is coming mid next year as he was waiting to change his company car to get one.

He said it will have circa 360 bhp and 4wd but will be behind the Golf R and S3 which will move up to 400 bhp each to combat the Focus RS.
That would be great. But unfortunately I don't see the S3 and Golf R move up to 400bhp in this generation. Yes, there's a special version of the Golf coming, called R400, which will have 400bhp. But as the RS3 just came out with its 360-370 bhp (can't remember exactly) I don't see the lower level models moving past it within the next (or even two) year(s).

I really hope though, that the Cupra R will have 4wd and over 300bhp. Seeing that the 'ordinary' Cupra is FWD and 290 at the moment, I'm 85% sure that this will be the case.

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
That would be great. But unfortunately I don't see the S3 and Golf R move up to 400bhp in this generation. Yes, there's a special version of the Golf coming, called R400, which will have 400bhp. But as the RS3 just came out with its 360-370 bhp (can't remember exactly) I don't see the lower level models moving past it within the next (or even two) year(s).

I really hope though, that the Cupra R will have 4wd and over 300bhp. Seeing that the 'ordinary' Cupra is FWD and 290 at the moment, I'm 85% sure that this will be the case.

R400 has been dropped due to the whole VW situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.