Mk3 Leon st subwoofer wiring

Tay-FR

Sep 17, 2015
Rugby
Hi, I’m trying to wire up a subwoofer into. My mk3 Leon but can’t find an accessible point to get the wire through to the battery for the feed. Has anyone got any idea if there’s any sort of washer or hole to get the wire through to the engine?
Hey bud, if you take the plastic tray from underneath the glovebox (2 screws at the front and Plastic screw at the back) and pull away the sound deadening in the top left corner you should see a large rubber cone shaped grommet. I was able to cut the tip off of this and run a 4 awg power cable.

Hope this helps

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Walone
May 16, 2023
Hey bud, if you take the plastic tray from underneath the glovebox (2 screws at the front and Plastic screw at the back) and pull away the sound deadening in the top left corner you should see a large rubber cone shaped grommet. I was able to cut the tip off of this and run a 4 awg power cable.

Hope this helps

Whereabouts mate, can’t see any and do I have to move the carpet and everything or is it up behind the wiring?

Tay-FR

Sep 17, 2015
Rugby
Whereabouts mate, can’t see any and do I have to move the carpet and everything or is it up behind the wiring?
It was a few years ago that I fitted mine but I do remember some foam sounds deadening needed moving. It was above the carpet. I'll try and find a picture to see if that helps

May 16, 2023
It was a few years ago that I fitted mine but I do remember some foam sounds deadening needed moving. It was above the carpet. I'll try and find a picture to see if that helps

That’s fine maybe thanks, I’ll try finding it now, but if you could find a picture it would be helpful thanks.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Hi, I’m trying to wire up a subwoofer into. My mk3 Leon but can’t find an accessible point to get the wire through to the battery for the feed. Has anyone got any idea if there’s any sort of washer or hole to get the wire through to the engine?
There is a grommet behind the dash that allows you to pass cables through the firewall. It is a pain to get to.

There is guidance how to do this from a guide I made here:

Reactions: Walone
May 16, 2023
There is a grommet behind the dash that allows you to pass cables through the firewall. It is a pain to get to.

thanks mate, finally sorted it, now just gotta Connect everything up, shouldn’t take me that long now tbh.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.