mk4 1.4 induction kit?

jpcibiza90

Oct 19, 2008
scarborough
yeah still looks good mate iv just got a panel filter atm iv ran a cold air feed theres a gap infront of your wheel arch that goes down to were your towing eye is next to ur drivers side fog lamp n it comes in the engine bay behind the headlamp iv wacked a big hose in there thatl get some nice cold air to yours if u did it all the way up to your filter. what engine is yours btw? you have sort of plugs on yours were iv got ht leads for my spark plugs?

oneofthetwins

Born Slippy
Apr 16, 2009
Banknock
yeah still looks good mate iv just got a panel filter atm iv ran a cold air feed theres a gap infront of your wheel arch that goes down to were your towing eye is next to ur drivers side fog lamp n it comes in the engine bay behind the headlamp iv wacked a big hose in there thatl get some nice cold air to yours if u did it all the way up to your filter. what engine is yours btw? you have sort of plugs on yours were iv got ht leads for my spark plugs?

I was going to run it behind the vent on the passangers side above the radiator, true behind the fogs could be better. Its a 1.4 mk4

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
I was looking around on my formula sport today... it appears they all have a cold feed built into the front grille!

Open the bonnet and look behind the center grille. You'll see it! It's to the passenger side of the grille. It's box shaped and around 20cm long.
You can also see it from the front of the car, it has a flap over, so you'll have to look up under it.

I wonder if you could run ducting from this? Similar to a pd160 intake.

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
yeap, that's me!
Those are old video, I change from a cold air intake for a Green dynamic box, I get more fresh air, and less dirt on the filter.

Ok pics of it before it's in the engine compartment

Fitted in the engine compartement

It takes all the fresh air up from the whole front of the car. Even with my headers, it's fine!

And this was with my old intake

I've searched high and low for this item on the net for a very long time. Mind if I ask, where did you purchase it from? Looks amazing :D

Nexus_french

Aug 16, 2009
Le Mans (France)
mate that is spanking lol where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking?
I got it on a french website, and as it's a partner of a forum I'm in in France, I get a 6% rebate on it.
Name of the website is www.yakarouler.com
direct link : http://www.yakarouler.com/piece-aut...=13381&cs9=9756&cs11=2102&cs12=14117&cs6=9773
(it's the same one for the 75 and 100HP engine)

what does it connect to the old air box or the induction kit how much did u pay for it ? and where from ? does it sound better and any performance ?
You need to get rid of the old air box. Then you connect it to the throttle body (all material is included).
I paid £332 for it a year ago.
Sounds is nice and not as lound as a C.A.I. to me. Better engine response, and torque is a bit greater (checked on the dyno, comparing with 2 dyno I made)

i got bored once so i got this for a tenner to put on everynow and again for a laugh, sounds so loud my dashboard vibrates!

Wow, what engine code is that? I didn't know that there is wire like this with a ignition separated. Mine are coilpack. I didn't know it exist on the Mk4. (not saying it's bad, just wondering)

I've searched high and low for this item on the net for a very long time. Mind if I ask, where did you purchase it from? Looks amazing :D
right here : http://www.yakarouler.com/piece-aut...=13381&cs9=9756&cs11=2102&cs12=14117&cs6=9773
I gave more info on top of this post ;)

Nov 24, 2007
Swansea
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Rather expensive but I guess you get what you pay for and it looks 100% better than any other induction system for the Ibiza.

Nexus_french

Aug 16, 2009
Le Mans (France)
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Rather expensive but I guess you get what you pay for and it looks 100% better than any other induction system for the Ibiza.

yep better, as good as a BMC. Some say BMC is better but it's even to me.
To me compare to a BMC, the air is taken from the whole front of the car, not just by a small hose on front of the car.
And yes, it's a tad expensive, more than a BMC I should say!

Nexus_french

Aug 16, 2009
Le Mans (France)
It looks really good!
I'm thinking of getting the BMC CDA and some how modding the engine cover to keep it on. I hate the look of the engine without it!

Where can the cold feed come from? Will the PD160 intake work well?

here's an example of setup for the BMC

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.JPG

it use the stock plastic pieces that catch the air for the stock air box.
Many use it, especially on Stage 3 TDi, and on 1.8T as well.
Advantage is you ctach the air on the front of the car with minimum if tubing, and it prevent to get too much dirt water and others stuff from the road.

knackerdecobre

Bertrum has had a few different ones, on a Forge filter at the mo (same as a BMC), just need to sort a cold air feed for it

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Ι have had the BMC CDA fitted on my old 1.4 101 MK4.

The performance is nice and the sound also very good.

However the BMC cda installation i see in the pics above is not the best one. It sounds weird yes but with that installation top speed was limited....

The best induction though is not the BMC.

Its an air induction kit without many bends and you have to modify a bit so that it fits the MK4 engine bay.

Most of us used the peugeot 206 induction made by SIMOTA or other brands.

Nexus Frenchs induction is alright however the performance is not the same as with the 206 induction.

You need as less bends in the piping after the induction and as short as possible.

http://www.ibizamania.gr/showthread.php?t=7532

Here is a DIY i made a few years ago...i know its in Greek but you can see many pics there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJtKFqYbBBI

And another pic off a mates installation

P1000118.jpg

Most of us bought this SIMOTA look alike induction as it was v v cheap!

55 eyro back then and the performance was the best from all other inductions after testing etc...

;)

Nexus_french

Aug 16, 2009
Le Mans (France)
Ι have had the BMC CDA fitted on my old 1.4 101 MK4.

The performance is nice and the sound also very good.

However the BMC cda installation i see in the pics above is not the best one. It sounds weird yes but with that installation top speed was limited....

The best induction though is not the BMC.

Its an air induction kit without many bends and you have to modify a bit so that it fits the MK4 engine bay.

Most of us used the peugeot 206 induction made by SIMOTA or other brands.

Nexus Frenchs induction is alright however the performance is not the same as with the 206 induction.

You need as less bends in the piping after the induction and as short as possible.

http://www.ibizamania.gr/showthread.php?t=7532

Here is a DIY i made a few years ago...i know its in Greek but you can see many pics there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJtKFqYbBBI

And another pic off a mates installation

P1000118.jpg

Most of us bought this SIMOTA look alike induction as it was v v cheap!

55 eyro back then and the performance was the best from all other inductions after testing etc...

;)
very very smart idea. Never though of it.
nice!

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
There are many cold air intakes without logos on top etc....

Its the best solution performance wise.

Trust me, we have tried any possible configuration for the BMC, and cold air feeds in the past...

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
For how long has that induction been used without probs?

Theres no expansion joint i can see on the hoses so that when the engine moves forward and backwards during gear changes to avoid stressing the induction.

Looks nice though :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise