MK4 1.9tdi sport disc sizes???

AidyB

Hi all!
I'm looking to change my discs and pads all round on my 53 plate Ibiza Tdi 130 sport. I want to replace them with mintex parts, but there seems to be a couple of variations in diameters. Does anyone have any idea, other than physically taking the wheel of and checking the diameter. Cheers.

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
The Ibiza TDI 130 has the same engine and chassis as my car, a Fabia vRS. Both cars have 288 mm front discs and 233 or 232 mm rears in diameter. Haynes manual for my car says 232 mm but EBC 's Catolague states 233 mm. :confused:

Last edited:

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
mintex are not the best.

Try OMP - just fitted road and race to the beemer. Very very good pads and used Febi discs

I always recommend Mintex or Ferodo pads. However I think the OEM pads are made by Padgid, so are still a good make (they are for the Fabia). We use EBC pads because we haven't had a problem with them and they suit our driving stye., but I don't think they are liked on this forum. If you want upgraded pads, then I'm sure people will recommend Ferodo DS2500, but they are over £100 a set. :-o

My dad once fitted some cheap pads to his previous car and once bedded in within 5 corners of moderate braking, they were smoking. From then on he will never skimp on the quality of pads.

teepee4bh

Returning old timer
Apr 19, 2009
Durham
I always recommend Mintex or Ferodo pads. However I think the OEM pads are made by Padgid, so are still a good make (they are for the Fabia). We use EBC pads because we haven't had a problem with them and they suit our driving stye., but I don't think they are liked on this forum. If you want upgraded pads, then I'm sure people will recommend Ferodo DS2500, but they are over £100 a set. :-o

My dad once fitted some cheap pads to his previous car and once bedded in within 5 corners of moderate braking, they were smoking. From then on he will never skimp on the quality of pads.

i had ebc on my first ibiza with 288mm discs. They worked better on std discs - Turbo groove were not that good.

our FR is running STD febi 312mm discs and OEM Pagid's - i ran this set up on my A3. Very good pads for £55

The beemer is running STD 330mm febi discs and OMP road and race pads
They were same price as OEM textar but they are excellent and get much better if worked hard and hot.

i do a lot of miles so wanted a good pad - DS2500's were £150 for the 1er

Last edited:

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
I agree with TGDs. My dad had them on his Scooby and found them too noisy during medium to hard braking, but they were still better then plain ones. EBC now produce black Ultimax slotted discs which are still better than plain (not as good as TGDs) but just as quiet as standard. I was very temped to get some when I changed my pads.

As mentioned I use EBC Greenstuff pads, but they are not liked on Briskskoda.

teepee4bh

Returning old timer
Apr 19, 2009
Durham
I agree with TGDs. My dad had them on his Scooby and found them too noisy during medium to hard braking, but they were still better then plain ones. EBC now produce black Ultimax slotted discs which are still better than plain (not as good as TGDs) but just as quiet as standard. I was very temped to get some when I changed my pads.

As mentioned I use EBC Greenstuff pads, but they are not liked on Briskskoda.

i wasn't too impressed with them TBH

OMP road and race are worth a punt - my mate has them in his e46 tourer. he is terribly hard on brakes but says they are very good.

He was always a fan of Black diamond

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise