Mk4 E-hybrid 204 bhp

Kaxolo

Dec 23, 2021
What's with the car regening heavily when the speed limits drops on roads?
There is an option that the car reacts to the speed limits so If you are going from 100km/h to 50km/h and you are no accelerating the car slows down to 50. You can deactivate it.

Reactions: Davehaslanded

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
What's with the car regening heavily when the speed limits drops on roads?
Agree with @kaxolo. Turn it off, it's dangerous :mad: !
My car spotted a 30mph sign on an exit ramp when I was in the outside lane of a motorway and breaked heavily.
Once I found out what was going on I turned it off!

Reactions: mty12345

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
Funny how different people perceive this, I personally really like it and found the car only brakes rarely when I don't want it to. Lane assist hasn't bothered me either which seems to be another annoyance for some.

Dangerous when I get in another car though and I expect it to brake automatically!

Also a slight touch of the accelerator and it's back to coasting. You can largely drive the car on one pedal.

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
Funny how different people perceive this, I personally really like it and found the car only brakes rarely when I don't want it to. Lane assist hasn't bothered me either which seems to be another annoyance for some.

Dangerous when I get in another car though and I expect it to brake automatically!

Also a slight touch of the accelerator and it's back to coasting. You can largely drive the car on one pedal.
Just to add mine hasn't got sign recognition so I assumed it was done via GPS?

Kaxolo

Dec 23, 2021
On my way to work there is a spot, no signs or anything, but the car thinks I need to go at 50 and he tries to slow down. I have activated all the time as by using the regen you are not using the brakes. If it starts doing it you only need to accelerate. If you learn or get used to it I think it can save us petrol and brakes.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK

I agree with this too, I have my regen set to max an mainly use one pedal driving and I love it tbh. It's just the automatic reaction to speeds signs that I find way too intrusive. Not an issue 90% of the time and, yes, a quick dip on the the accelerator overcomes it. But I've had 2 quite major unexpected braking episodes on the motorway whilst in ACC mode so that's why it's off now.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I agree with this too, I have my regen set to max an mainly use one pedal driving and I love it tbh. It's just the automatic reaction to speeds signs that I find way too intrusive. Not an issue 90% of the time and, yes, a quick dip on the the accelerator overcomes it. But I've had 2 quite major unexpected braking episodes on the motorway whilst in ACC mode so that's why it's off now.
Absolutely insane the amount of nonsense these cars come with.

Reactions: oldgitdave

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Absolutely insane the amount of nonsense these cars come with.
You're not wrong. At least the active speed sign recognition stays off once set, as does the voice recognition. I don't mind the lane assist but I do find the collision alert a bit over sensitive at times. My biggest bug bear is the lack of knobs for the aircon etc. Then there is no lighting on the touch controls!

It's illegal to use a mobile phone in a car but it's OK to use a 12" touch panel screen :wtf:.

Just to say, I have a Formentor E-Hybrid 204 which I believe is the same as the Leon as far as all these fancy systems go.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
You're not wrong. At least the active speed sign recognition stays off once set, as does the voice recognition. I don't mind the lane assist but I do find the collision alert a bit over sensitive at times. My biggest bug bear is the lack of knobs for the aircon etc. Then there is no lighting on the touch controls!

It's illegal to use a mobile phone in a car but it's OK to use a 12" touch panel screen :wtf:.

Just to say, I have a Formentor E-Hybrid 204 which I believe is the same as the Leon as far as all these fancy systems go.
Yeah that's crazy having to scroll through menus to adjust the heating.

The electrical complexity of this generation of cars will be an absolute nightmare once out of warranty. I suspect a huge amount of them will end up being scrapped before they are 10 years old.

Reactions: oldgitdave

Keith Roberts

Jul 29, 2019
Had my Leon PHEV for two years and extremely happy. Nice car to drive and easy to live with once the software was updated to the latest version.

On the fuel front I’ve not put petrol in since late March and I still have 125 miles remaining. Summer use electric range 34 miles and winter 26. The only downside is I use the motorway quite a bit and driving at 70 mph hits the range however I can do the majority of my 32 mile commute in pure electric.

On a positive note even in winter when the battery is used up the petrol motor runs for the last couple of miles when it switches to hybrid mode.Happy days!

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Mines an S22 Ultra too.. disconnects from my watch as well though at the same time, so wonder if it's an issue with the phone and not the car.
Just upgraded my phone to a Galaxy S23 Ultra. I don't get the random disconnects now so it must have been an issue with the old phone.

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
Just upgraded my phone to a Galaxy S23 Ultra. I don't get the random disconnects now so it must have been an issue with the old phone.
Funny you should say that... Mines been fine for the last 2 week... Although on this morning's commute I had no infotainment and an array of errors from systems that wouldn't work as a result.....

So frustrating that they still haven't got the software sorted after so many years.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Funny you should say that... Mines been fine for the last 2 week... Although on this morning's commute I had no infotainment and an array of errors from systems that wouldn't work as a result.....

So frustrating that they still haven't got the software sorted after so many years.
What software is it running? 1940 seems very stable, I've not heard of anyone on it having issues.

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
What software is it running? 1940 seems very stable, I've not heard of anyone on it having issues.
1940. Came with 1896, but had a few random reboots, so had it updated 3 weeks ago and it's been flawless untill today.

Parked up last night no problems, put on charge, got in this morning and it started.

Maneuver Braking Assist, SOS and Park Assist error (all make sense as I assume they're linked).

Tried fuses and disconnecting the battery still the same.

So frustrating, 1 month old and back in at the dealer for the second time next week. I'm assuming something is dead.

Seatboi

Apr 13, 2023
1940. Came with 1896, but had a few random reboots, so had it updated 3 weeks ago and it's been flawless untill today.

Parked up last night no problems, put on charge, got in this morning and it started.

Maneuver Braking Assist, SOS and Park Assist error (all make sense as I assume they're linked).

Tried fuses and disconnecting the battery still the same.

So frustrating, 1 month old and back in at the dealer for the second time next week. I'm assuming something is dead.
That definitely sounds like something more than an occurrence from a software update. Has it come back on or has it reset ?

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
That definitely sounds like something more than an occurrence from a software update. Has it come back on or has it reset ?
Yeh I was really happy with the latest software.

Nope nothing. Seems completely dead on the four journeys I've done today. 😩