Mk4 Golf Aero wipers/arms don't fit?

seppuku

Hi all,

recently bought the mk4 golf r32 aero wipers and arms, went to fit them today and the passenger side wiper is too long? It fouls the windscreen surround which makes it not lie flat and it looks cack!

Obviously I've been a doofus but I thought these were a straight swap - am I missing something?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Oh, i did aswell, sorry.

Pliers, hacksaw, snips.

No Mk4 golf aero's fit without a trim, i tried to find a different wiper to use on the passenger side but i never did.

I trimmed the trim running down the windscreen, rather than cut the wipers.

seppuku

Hacksaw doesn't make a dent in it - the metal's too thick, and I don't have any snips, so I guess that's f*cked.

Oh well, I'll put the old wipers back on I suppose, list them on here see if anyone else wants them.

seppuku

Well they cost me £90, and save for the nick in the rubber on one wiper where I've attempted to trim it, they're brand new. £80?

seppuku

Awesome, in the process of replacing the original arms I've just overtightened the nut and cracked one of them. What a fantastic day. Moral of the story: I should just leave my bloody car alone.

seppuku

£70 collected, I'm not losing £30 on them I'm afraid, they're brand new.

seppuku

Yeah I tried that but it looks cack, because you can see the passenger wiper above the black area at the bottom of the windscreen.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Buy a cheap dremel for a tenner, or an angle grinder for £15 and job done!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.