Mobile One Oil

tonipieleanu

What do you recon to Slick 50 as an addition with high millage cars, I have a mk 2 gti as well on 150,000 miles drinks so much oil I should throw it away, but keeps on going!! Daily too!!
I stick slick 50 in every 20 thou and have even had it running with virtually no oil and the engine has been saved by the stuff. Pukka gear.:p
I'm not a fan of oil additives like Slick.

My car has low oil consumption (a few 100s of ml @ 10.000km) and I think it's unnecessary to use Slick or anything related.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
For the last 30k km I'm running on Mobil1 5W50, Rally formula.

I've chosen it because of the high mileage of the car (180k km) and it's supposed to have better heat resistance.

Are you sure this is okay for your car?
I'm looking into track spec oils for my car just now.
The company I've been using for 100,000 miles is Millers oils. These guys have beeen providing me with a fantastic service and great advice.
I'm currently looking into oils that will take between 130 and 150 Degrees C as this is what will be seen on the track.
The best oil they do for this would be excellent apart from the fact that it will eat my CAT.

I find the man on the forums advise on oils not worth listening to TBH.
Unless he works for an engine oil manufacturer what do they really know about the oil.
Price, weight and spec, anything more than that is guess work on there behalf.
How do you know the oil is working well for your engine and your driving style?
Do you have it analysed after use to see if it was past its best?

I have, and I know 5w-30 Millers XF long life with my sort of driving is good for 15,000 miles +.
This time I change I will have done 10,000 miles with three track days and 1 1/4 mile day, that'll put it to the test, lol

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Are you sure this is okay for your car?
I'm looking into track spec oils for my car just now.
The company I've been using for 100,000 miles is Millers oils. These guys have beeen providing me with a fantastic service and great advice.
I'm currently looking into oils that will take between 130 and 150 Degrees C as this is what will be seen on the track.
The best oil they do for this would be excellent apart from the fact that it will eat my CAT.

I find the man on the forums advise on oils not worth listening to TBH.
Unless he works for an engine oil manufacturer what do they really know about the oil.
Price, weight and spec, anything more than that is guess work on there behalf.
How do you know the oil is working well for your engine and your driving style?
Do you have it analysed after use to see if it was past its best?

I have, and I know 5w-30 Millers XF long life with my sort of driving is good for 15,000 miles +.
This time I change I will have done 10,000 miles with three track days and 1 1/4 mile day, that'll put it to the test, lol

Good call willie, couldent agree more with you, only one i recomend to people is the valvoline as its good oil for the price, as far as its the best oil you can get i wouldent know LOL, same with mobile.

Have you looked into silkolene wilie? expensive like but could be what your looking for.

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/universa...ro-s-5w-40-full-synthetic-engine-oil-410.html

EDIT: Data http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pdfs/PRO S RANGE.pdf

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Good call willie, couldent agree more with you, only one i recomend to people is the valvoline as its good oil for the price, as far as its the best oil you can get i wouldent know LOL, same with mobile.

Have you looked into silkolene wilie? expensive like but could be what your looking for.

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/universa...ro-s-5w-40-full-synthetic-engine-oil-410.html

EDIT: Data http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pdfs/PRO S RANGE.pdf
Shaun,

This is good information, thank you.
The information I'm getting from Millers is awesome.
They can tell me the viscosity at different sump temperatures, also the shear of the oils lubricants and lost of other very interesting and cionfusing point that I know nothing about.
The difference between oil for 130 degrees C and 150 is massive, so I need to get rid of my CAT and get a decent oil cooler for next years track fun

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Shaun,

This is good information, thank you.
The information I'm getting from Millers is awesome.
They can tell me the viscosity at different sump temperatures, also the shear of the oils lubricants and lost of other very interesting and cionfusing point that I know nothing about.
The difference between oil for 130 degrees C and 150 is massive, so I need to get rid of my CAT and get a decent oil cooler for next years track fun

Cats are for wimps ;) not had one on any car ive had :cartman: . Oil is quite a technology in its self, the time i saw my manifold glowing red hot i thought hmm ok, this oil isnt going to last long. Cheap oils are really for 1.2 puntos that hardly generate heat. What oil have millers recomended matey? Be intresting to know.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
We have an oil engineer as a forum member, this is who gives me all my info on Millers.
He's a great guy and very helpful.
Have you read my post on my oil analysis?
Search on here for it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.