Modification Ideas

SiPrince

Jan 28, 2010
Manchester
Hello guys

I've had my Leon SE for around 3 weeks now, and I'm thinking about making some cosmetic changes. I have the Armrest on order.

I have been shopping around and found that I want some BK Racing 299's on my car. The tyres I have been quoted for the 17" RIM are 225/45. Having these wheels and tyre combo would there be an issue when putting the the car on full lock? Catching the arches or anything?

Next question I have is im goign to be putting the side skirts and spoiler on, where is the best place to get this done and buy from?

Also where is the best place to get the chrome wing mirror covers from?

I will be turning the badges into black vynl, but not the middle part of the SEAT badge just the top and bottom, and leaving the middle in "chrome".

The car is Candy White, what do you think to the cosmetics? OTT? or just right?

Thanks in Advance.

S

SiPrince

Jan 28, 2010
Manchester
I dont mean to bump this thread but something else I need to know...

The wheels, will I need spacers or longer studs or should the one that are on there be fine?

S

FR_Flavoured

Hello Si,

Cant really comment on the Alloys, but presume you'd have no problem on full lock if you plan to run 17's. Its only really when fitting even larger alloys with wide tyre combinations that scrubbing will have to be a consideration!

Side skirts and chrome wing mirrors - A great place to start would be with a Dealer on SCN, called "Sere Motors". They stock and cater to alot of peoples needs here. Give them a shout. There will be a link to them in the Dealers section of this forum.

Infact, after a quick search, they can be found HERE.... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249

Covering the "S" badge in vinyl is also becoming quite popular. Recently I've seen it being done in Black vinyl plus carbon effect vinyl. Both very effective. Painting is another option, but feedback on this indicates that the badge then gets chipped easily, and looks bad then. Also with your Vinyl, you can peel it off if you have a change of heart. :)

Vinyl on just the top and botton of the badge will be different, put up a pic if you pull it off. ;)

Regarding Spacers - after dropping the Leon (lowering the suspension), some find the rear alloys look a little lost inside the arch, so fit spacers just on the rears. Again, comes down to personal preference.

I'm sure others will provide their point of views shortly. cheers. :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise