Module under drivers seat

Spanner

Dec 16, 2021
Hi,
I was about to start cleaning my new Seat Leon hybrid this morning when I noticed a whooping great module under the drivers seat.
It looks to me that they forgot a stick a cover on it in the factory. Can anyone confirm if its normal or not?
Excuse the dirty floor 😕

Attachments

• 20211216_104508.jpg
    20211216_104508.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 285

Deleted member 123864

The eTSi battery is under one of the seats, perhaps it's that. The silver fins are for cooling, it's normal to have it exposed because it needs air to cool it.

Last edited by a moderator:

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Is it the passenger side or driver's side?
Do you have an eTSI or eHybrid

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
It looks to be either a power converter, or something to do with heated/electric seats

The battery is in the boot on eHybrids.

I don't have a eHybrid but would be interesting to see if it's covered in other people's cars.

In my eTSI the power converter has a plastic cover, but that's under the passenger seat

Tell

Staff member
Reckon that's your AV power ampflier. They slap them under the seat.

That metal bit is the heat sink. The power amps came a bit late to Seats, VW and Skoda had them but Seat were deemed not worthy of outboard power amps.

See what @East Yorkshire Retrofits says.

Reckon it's one like this. You are looking at the top of it, base is like this if unscrewed.
Screenshot_20211217-184111.png
Screenshot_20211217-184643.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Spanner

Spanner

Dec 16, 2021
It's going in to the dealer in a few weeks for the dreaded SOS warning light issue. They said they'll have a look while I'm there

Spanner

Dec 16, 2021
It went in before for it. They phone me last week telling me to come down for 5 hour software update.
I'm not holding my breath 😒

Last edited:
Hi,
I was about to start cleaning my new Seat Leon hybrid this morning when I noticed a whooping great module under the drivers seat.
It looks to me that they forgot a stick a cover on it in the factory. Can anyone confirm if its normal or not?
Excuse the dirty floor 😕
It's related to the 48V system

Send me your VIN, I've a feeling you're missing a plastic cover

Reactions: Spanner and Tell

Tell

Staff member
I'd rather not put my vin on an open forum. I was hoping someone would have the same car to compare
He means PM him.... probably going to look at your build codes. They do however put the power amp under the seat but I'm not sure how much that has spread. Cupra people with more fancy cars you probably find they have power amp. The enhanced audio systems are an option on how they sell Seats abroad. UK ones are sold as bundled packages rather than options within packages, so without inspecting the spec you can't tell. The build codes reveal exactly what components systems the car is built with. Basically the car's system ingredients when it was built.

Reactions: Spanner

Spanner

Dec 16, 2021

Send me your VIN, I've a feeling you're missing a plastic coverthanks
He means PM him.... probably going to look at your build codes. They do however put the power amp under the seat but I'm not sure how much that has spread. Cupra people with more fancy cars you probably find they have power amp. The enhanced audio systems are an option on how they sell Seats abroad. UK ones are sold as bundled packages rather than options within packages, so without inspecting the spec you can't tell. The build codes reveal exactly what components systems the car is built with. Basically the car's system ingredients when it was built.

Send me your VIN, I've a feeling you're missing a plastic cover
Sent you a PM cheers

Amp is under the passenger seat not the driver's seat, when fitted

Reactions: Tell
Your car isn't actually listed as having this fitted, going off the vin you sent

PR code for all of this is 0K4, your car has 0K3.
0K3 is PHEV (plug in hybrid)
0K4 is MHEV (Mild Hybrid)

However, the module is the 12v to 48v transformer

Cover is 5WA907318
Securing clip is N91158501 - 2 of these

Attachments

• IMG_20211218_184232.jpg
    IMG_20211218_184232.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.