Mo's Mk1 Leon Cupra - THE END....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Guess what happened when I was looking through the Nomad racing website considering to buy on of their pre-made single gauge pillar pod's?... that's right! I thought about it and...... I ent paying that much for a peice of plastic!

Got myself a pillar plastic trim from scrappers for £2.50... chopped it up with the trusty Dremel:

20120401_145845.jpg

Got myself a £5 universal pod from the fleaBay:

20120401_145900.jpg

Got the fibreglass out again:

20120401_162901.jpg

The serious work beings..... too much sanding to mention, a lot of time, effort and bucket loads of patience and loads and loads and loads of fillers, it's shaping up nicely, it's been sanded since:

20120409_131205.jpg

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Oh I forgot to mention, Niki has 're-re-mapped' my car, gone is the poor custom Stage 2 Stealth Racing map, introducing the legendary Niki's Stage 2 map with............. LAUNCH CONTROL!, car feels like a different animal! Have video's on the rollers but hey we've all seen that one too many times now, here's some snaps while I there:

20120314_145228.jpg

20120314_133450.jpg

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Then I had some visitors at the door, turns out it was the mail man, he didn't look too happy carrying weight:

20120304_152635.jpg

20120304_152655.jpg

oh the massive intercooler above was feeling lonely so I got him a friend to play with:

20120405_143525.jpg

:whistle:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
A few more updates

Pillar pod's looking good, test fit:

20120410_120817.jpg

20120410_120802.jpg

20120410_121249.jpg

Of course it's not finished yet, needs a wee bit more sanding / minor filling and I may change the angel a bit before it's painted but you get the picture

Aug 26, 2008
West Midlands
Mo - hats off to you, always a pleaseure to read your RR

Is that a new turbo and intercooler you going to fit?

What BHP did you make on Nicks rollers - thats the same place I had mine done :D

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Mo - hats off to you, always a pleaseure to read your RR

Is that a new turbo and intercooler you going to fit?

What BHP did you make on Nicks rollers - thats the same place I had mine done :D

Ah cheers mate, yes that's a T3/T4 big turbo set-up I'm going to fit, and that inter-cooler is massive! way bigger, 3x the size of the one I have on now.

Made 230-235 of varied runs with rubbish Morrisons fuel, now back to V-Power and car feels superb. Niki's a legend.

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Mo, liking the work you've put in here. Gauge work is good!

The other purchases look great too, do you get the piping etc with the Autobahn FMIC? What's it rated to?

The turbo aswell what you expecting from that dude?

V-Power all the way! My car loves it too. :)

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Mo, liking the work you've put in here. Gauge work is good!

The other purchases look great too, do you get the piping etc with the Autobahn FMIC? What's it rated to?

The turbo aswell what you expecting from that dude?

V-Power all the way! My car loves it too. :)

Thanks Tom, I'm going to use some of the existing piping and fabricate the rest with universal parts, it's rated to 600Bhp, it was for a big power Subaru.

I'm aiming for about 300bhp to begin with, with safe torque of 270/280, don't think the standard internals could handle any more. I will be going forged internals / rods in the future, I've seen a few of these turbo's now running 450+ with supporting mods which are abused daily, so at least that option is there.

It's amazing how much difference goof fuel makes, Niki was well pissed that I had put in Morrison's fuel, just my luck too, had been running on V-Power for over a year, on the day of mapping, I run out of fuel and had to resort to Morrison's fuel lol....

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Thanks Tom, I'm going to use some of the existing piping and fabricate the rest with universal parts, it's rated to 600Bhp, it was for a big power Subaru.

I'm aiming for about 300bhp to begin with, with safe torque of 270/280, don't think the standard internals could handle any more. I will be going forged internals / rods in the future, I've seen a few of these turbo's now running 450+ with supporting mods which are abused daily, so at least that option is there.

It's amazing how much difference goof fuel makes, Niki was well pissed that I had put in Morrison's fuel, just my luck too, had been running on V-Power for over a year, on the day of mapping, I run out of fuel and had to resort to Morrison's fuel lol....

600! Nice :) Should do the trick perfectly then mate.

Would you keep it FWD at 450bhp? I know many people are going big big turbo now, but I always worry about the overall handling and behavior of the car at this level. Graham and Ronin on here going 4WD but big turbo. Loads of work though.

Lol, fuel makes the world of difference on these when it's between bog standard Morrisons vs performance fuels like V-power and Tesco 99. My car seems to like that too whenever I've used it as I'm not near a Shell for whatever reason.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Ill be happy with similair power to Tom and then fit a Quaife or similar diff. Thats until I decide thats not enough and want more power as is often the case with tuning :rolleyes: :whistle:

im glad you decided your lc was not yet finished and going big turbo i can not wait to see that. where did you get your turbo from and how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking. im currently getting ready for stage 2 just waiting on my map sensor flange to be welded on my ic pipe :(
ill be poking my nose in your rr keeping a keen eye.
keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.