Mo's Mk1 Leon Cupra - THE END....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Thanks for the love people, i'll try and keep the thread updated as much as possible, difficult with my two little boys demanding attention all the time.

Anyway Gona be honest i thought I messed my pillar pod up and bought a nomad.... but feck me is the one i made a far superior product! wtf? £50 for a nomad pillar pod and its all fibreglass? the finish on the nomad is an absolute disgrace! fecking reminds me of the plastic sheet moulding machine we used in college arts class! wtf do you people see in the nomad? admitting that i'm going to fit the nomad in the interim but the one i made is way way better, the finish, the quality and the fitting!, wtf? you have to screw the nomad pillar pod on top of the existing pillar? has anyone got any pictures of their nomad pillar pods or how yours are fitted, does the one you have fit OVER the existing pillar pod or is it a complete plastic unit like the original with the prongs clips etc, disappointed ain't the word, I cut myself way short with these things.... if anyone is in doubt of what i'm saying, pop over and i'll show you the nomad pillar pod and then the one i made.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
One more picture of the turbo for now

20120415_230652.jpg

My shitty NOMAD (Boo) pod... substitute!, I can't wait to finish mine now

20120414_183046.jpg

My mate who lives down the road, his FR:

20120415_180630.jpg

Tis a beast I must say,

20120413_190753.jpg

My eldest boy, his obsessed with cars.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Hi Mo
Did you have any problems when your car was re-mapped. As in, replacing the Stealth map with new map??

yeah he did sorry mo

Yes, the ecu had to be benched by Niki, wonder why Stealth done this, map was absolute rubbish.

If truth be told, i'm not new to turbo'd car's, far from it, but am new to the VAG scene, i hardly knew anything about the 1.8T engines or VAG's in general, at the time I thougt Stealths map was awesome, but all he did is turn everything to max.... and kept rejecting my suggestions to check for boost leaks, Niki found 3 in 5 minuets with his smoke test machine.

Hmmm that fr is lush

It's a beast, took it on the motorway, god damn this thing can shift.

IH786

Apr 8, 2004
Birmingham
Not loving the Nomad are you Mo :lol:

I got one too, its not too bad, I am too lazy to make my own!

Planning to cut the mounts off the original A pillar and glue them onto the Nomad, so won't need to screw or tape it on?

Like that Turbo, makes me wish I went BT now :D

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Not loving the Nomad are you Mo :lol:

I got one too, its not too bad, I am too lazy to make my own!

Planning to cut the mounts off the original A pillar and glue them onto the Nomad, so won't need to screw or tape it on?

Like that Turbo, makes me wish I went BT now :D

I was planning on gluing it over the original but i've already hacked my original now, plus it will 'bulk' it up making it look even more weird then it already does.

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
Yes, the ecu had to be benched by Niki, wonder why Stealth done this, map was absolute rubbish.

Ok I have a stealth racing map at the moment but have opportunity for a REVO map.

What does 'benched' mean???

Thanks, Phil

What stealth did was locked the map done so securely r tech couldn't even flash back a base map on the car (standard map), so the ecu had to be taken out and then put on a bench and open to chip tune it

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham

Ok I have a stealth racing map at the moment but have opportunity for a REVO map.

What does 'benched' mean???

Thanks, Phil

Benched, in ECU world means, taking the ECU out of the car, literally placing it on a work 'bench' and using very expensive equipment to unblock / over-ride / re-write the software on it. Usually involves soldering / de-soldering a couple of wires. All depends on how Stealth mapped your car, was it a generic 'Stage 1/2' or a custom map. Either way REVO should be able to do this for you in no time.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
What stealth did was locked the map done so securely r tech couldn't even flash back a base map on the car (standard map), so the ecu had to be taken out and then put on a bench and open to chip tune it

you are just talking obd port flashing..
many of the tuners activate anti read on obd to protect their files copyright, inc revo, cc, etc etc etc

ecu out in the event is a simple fix to boot mode it back again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.