MP3 CDs - can the 'frnd' setting be fixed?

I find the MP3 compatibility of my new FR is good fun. I've burned a few CDs with about 6 or 7 albums on each disc and I like to listen to them fully randomised - i.e. using "frnd" setting, so both the track and folder are randomised.

Trouble is, whenever I switch off the ignition, the head unit forgets the frnd setting. So when I switch on again, although it resumes playing from the track where it stopped, it then just progresses sequentially through the tracks. I have to press frnd again to ensure the next track is random like before.

I want to keep the frnd setting as default - anyone know how/if this is possible please? :confused:

bizzaboy

Sorry I cannot help directly with your Question, however I will say that I love the fact you have the 'AUX Port' in the Leons. ;)

My cumbersome CD Wallet is no longer in the car, as the MP3 player has taken its place.

It was great being able to burn my own music CD's (full of MP3's) and play them in the 'MP3 compatible' CD player.
However now, having the AUX Port in the car removes this process and you can have your iPod/MP3 player DIRECTLY plugged into the cars Audio system!

....SWEET AS. :) Just a pity the Tracks cant be shuffled / controlled by the Steering Wheel controls as you would the Cars own stereo.

Indeed. I might use my mp3 player on really long trips, but for day to day use mp3 cds are just what I need - no faff with chargers/batteries/cables - and I like being able to skip tracks with the steering wheel etc.

Just a shame that the random function doesn't want to stay engaged for some reason... :(

bizzaboy

Indeed. I might use my mp3 player on really long trips, but for day to day use mp3 cds are just what I need - no faff with chargers/batteries/cables - and I like being able to skip tracks with the steering wheel etc.

Just a shame that the random function doesn't want to stay engaged for some reason... :(

Does sound like a 'session' setting, while you are driving the car.

Once you stop and switch off the ignition, the stereo resets and wont have any "memory" of what you have and haven't played on that particular CD. Start playing the CD again and it starts over.

Who knows, someone might come along shortly and confirm otherwise! ;)

RE: The MP3 Player in the car - Not being able to switch tracks/albums via the steering wheel/stereo buttons is a little frustrating, however as the AUX Port is JUST streaming audio from the MP3 player, it makes sense there wont be more functionality.

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
Not really helpful but it's the same on my stereo too, noticed it first on an Altea I borrowed which didn't have an ipod adapter so I had to burn a few CDs. Luckily i just use my ipod so it doesn't bother me

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Sorry I cannot help directly with your Question, however I will say that I love the fact you have the 'AUX Port' in the Leons. ;)

However now, having the AUX Port in the car removes this process and you can have your iPod/MP3 player DIRECTLY plugged into the cars Audio system!

....SWEET AS. :) Just a pity the Tracks cant be shuffled / controlled by the Steering Wheel controls as you would the Cars own stereo.

Have tried this with my Nokia N95 with 6GB of music, trouble is I get hum even with a £10 screened (I think) cable connecting phone and Aux - any ideas anyone? :confused:

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
Are you trying to charge the phone at the same time from the cig lighter? If so try without or have you tried the phone in flight mode?

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
Havent found this a problem but what i do find is the frnd has favourites!

If i left it to its own devices (ie. not skipping tracks myself) i would hear the same dozen or so tracks over and over.

Very annoying!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members