MTC tfsi induction kits.. ITG copy or rubbish???

dj_troopa

Sep 29, 2009
Personally, i think people get a little too worried when they start reading about all this MAF housing stuff. People buy intakes off the shelf and drive everyday with no issues, so why worry so much now?

I understand what Dan is saying if you want it to be perfect, but all i'm saying is there's nothing to worry about anyway. If you didn't read up on housings and trims you'd happily be driving with an intake and wouldn't think twice about it. Go buy yourself an intake for christmas lol :)

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
Yeah i can see what you mean .. And Haha i have . the gf will have to wait untill boxing day sales for her present now :p muhahaha i hope she understands the priorities!

jocco

Feb 28, 2014
Macedonia
You all got me tempted to get a bigger filter for my BSH true seal intake.

The one that came with the kit looks fairly small to me.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Be weary of going too big, the shield being so high in the bay and the angle of the pipework won't let you fit anything too big, especially if the bonnet soundproofing is still there (heightwise)

I use that shield as part of my intake, and managed to fit a mahooosive filter, but it did take a fair bit of fettling, including removal of the soundprofing on the bonnet

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
I went for the ram air one in the end with the alloy neck. Bartered down to 32 quid. Looks plenty big enough to me just need the rest to turn up. **getting impatient**

Ive never seen the BSH in person but from pictures i also thought the filter looked small. Or well not as big as other companies have used with their kits. I dont suppose itll make too much difference unless the horsepower is getting up to monumental levels because it wouldnt of got through testing but one of the others should be able to fill you in on that because im not as clued up as most on here.

jocco

Feb 28, 2014
Macedonia
I went for the BSH because its one of the few that use a one piece pipe from filter till turbo.
Dan i know that i'll have problems with a bigger filter but I'm willing to cut the heat shield to make it fit. Do yo have a link of the filter you used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
I used the one i linked on the previous page, but im running my own 90mm intake, and it took a lot of fettling

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
I had to cut out the shield a little where the 90mm pipe enters it as it wasn't wide enough

Once i'd removed the bonnet lining, reshaped the filter (to flatten it ever so slightly ;)) then yes it went in there height wise.
It's positioned so it fits in the recess of the thicker/supporting areas on the bonnet, its a very tight fit mind, i would go for the next size down if i were to buy again (i had the filter before i fitted the shield)

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Reviving an old thread, but can't locate an MTC induction kit on the net, is it safe to say these are no more. Looking for options and this seemed to have a decent feedback, price n all.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members