Mud flaps

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
no, they don't make it easy at all!

looking at the Milltek pictures i downloaded, it seems the FR and 280 use the same locating screw underneath so it could just be the shape that's different or the distance that screw is away from the bumper edge.

jaba's picture was what i based my hopes on of direct fitting. the box label says the rear's i have were manufactured September 2013 so whether their design has been modified since i don't know.

it shouldn't take 10 minutes to make a paper template and make new holes in the flap. a T25 torx is needed for the screws too :)

Last edited:

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
that's them fitted. too dark to take pics. all i needed to do was elongate the holes for the arch liner upward toward the top of the flap, less than 10mm. managed to retain enough plastic around the uppermost hole to avoid it splitting and the torx heads are big enough to hide the rough edges of my dremel'ing :D

Last edited:

Mattias

Apr 9, 2014
Sweden
that's them fitted. too dark to take pics. all i needed to do was elongate the holes for the arch liner upward toward the top of the flap, less than 10mm. managed to retain enough plastic around the uppermost hole to avoid it splitting and the torx heads are big enough to hide the rough edges of my dremel'ing :D

Please take some pics later on.:happy:

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
ok, some images as promised. yeah i know the contour under the bumper isn't perfect but it's preferable to having the paint getting hammered by the Highway Agency's rock salt :)

Imdnfp.jpg

e5Fvbh.jpg

IL4Dpj.jpg

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Thanks for pics, I have these on my MK2, haven't ordered them for MK3 yet but think I will now. I assume my current ones won't fit my new SC.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
no problem. i guess unless the part no. is the same as listed in jaba's invoice (E5F0075101) then possibly not. the part no. for mine direct from the dealers was the same but didn't have the E at the start. maybe that's why i had to modify mine and jaba didn't...

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
it would be ideal if they were 20mm longer or so but even my mate's rally style flaps don't stop the rear from getting plastered. tbf i've no problem with road grime and i didn't fit them with the view of extending the car washing routine. the main reason was for them to hopefully be sufficient to minimise the rough paint at the lower edge of the bumper that i got within the first 100 miles driving along gritted roads. if they do that they've done their job.

Last edited:

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Ok all - grabbed a set of front and rear mud flaps today and fitted them just now.

In all around half an hour to 45mins to do all. No need to remove wheels and for me all holes lined up perfectly front and rear.

For the rears, just remove the T25 Torx screws and fit flaps using existing screws.

For the front, you need to drill 2 holes each side, one 3mm to take a new Torx at the top of the flap, and a 9mm for a securing lug on the bottom part into the arch. These are needed as there is no existing hole and all fixings come with the flaps.

I noticed that the instructions indicate extra holes on the front are not needed on cars pre sept 2013, looks like the arch liner design changed at that point. Probably why some peeps did or didn't need to drill holes.

All in all and easy job and they all fit great.

Last point to note, my rear flaps had two part numbers stamped on them, looks like the standard and FR part number, odd eh?

kentbloke

Jan 2, 2015
Greenhithe KENT
Ok all - grabbed a set of front and rear mud flaps today and fitted them just now.

In all around half an hour to 45mins to do all. No need to remove wheels and for me all holes lined up perfectly front and rear.

For the rears, just remove the T25 Torx screws and fit flaps using existing screws.

For the front, you need to drill 2 holes each side, one 3mm to take a new Torx at the top of the flap, and a 9mm for a securing lug on the bottom part into the arch. These are needed as there is no existing hole and all fixings come with the flaps.

I noticed that the instructions indicate extra holes on the front are not needed on cars pre sept 2013, looks like the arch liner design changed at that point. Probably why some peeps did or didn't need to drill holes.

All in all and easy job and they all fit great.

Last point to note, my rear flaps had two part numbers stamped on them, looks like the standard and FR part number, odd eh?

Do these flaps fit a Cupra 280 Sc, if so have you got the part numbers for front and rears , Cheers

Mattias

Apr 9, 2014
Sweden
Thanks you all guys for pics and Info:) .just orded oem muds for rear already have in the front.
/Mattias

Last edited:

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
Jaba101 are they the genuine mudflaps? Was on that site but assumed they'd be cheap remakes?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members