Mudflaps please post on here when they arrive!

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015

Those last two are the same as performance creations.

Then the cheap ones look cheap. A happy mid ground will do.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I'll take some pix of the fixings side if you want to see.

Got myself some of the alternative ones from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380481922...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=380481922220&_rdc=1

But struggling. Granted i haven't got the car yet. But with the current golf for comparrison, i can't see how you got yours flat. Ie 90 deg to the car. Esspecially the way the front arches are.

Very confused with the standard Seat ones, this item picture is totally different to the ones dephead2004 has fitted, which hug the paint like my golf V ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331275471...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=331275471536&_rdc=1

The FR i test drove had two torx screws at the front, depheads fit with 3!

I'm desperately trying to avoid the ones that wrap around. The ones on the golf i removed only after a few weeks to find grit between the very small surface area of rubber and paint. Already removing the paint. I put them back on with helicoptor tape but the damage was done.

The Seat ones appear identical if like dephead2004s

Golf ones are now removed before car is sold, you would not believe the amount of dirt they collect.

I don't want to repeat this on a brand new car.

:censored:

Getting very frustrated.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I might of partly answered one question, the FR will need flaps like EoinM has or Sweetfr, yes?

The fit is totally different, i think better and slightly smaller than the ones on the SE shown by dephead2004s pictures....?

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I might of partly answered one question, the FR will need flaps like EoinM has or Sweetfr, yes?

The fit is totally different, i think better and slightly smaller than the ones on the SE shown by dephead2004s pictures....?

If anyone can confirm either way that would be great, if the front flaps are identical part number 5F0075111 why do I see two different types in the photos, or I'm thinking the slightly different angle the photos are taken is making me think they are different!

Still have to use helicopter tape though

Found the cheapest place is caraccessoriesplus at 100.50 including delivery.

Last edited:

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Just had mine ordered for my Leon ST FR, which is on order.
Quote for the front+rear flaps + installing was 115 Euros. Which should be around £83. Seemed ok for me.
Car will arrive mid-June. I asked them to order the flaps, so they could be installed as soon as the car arrives, before I pick it up.
I'll gladly post some pictures when I take delivery of the car, if required.

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
My dealer offered me the SEAT mudflaps at £40 per set, are they worth getting, as it seems a good price?

I was told £92 was below cost price, so yes.

Just had mine ordered for my Leon ST FR, which is on order.
Quote for the front+rear flaps + installing was 115 Euros. Which should be around £83. Seemed ok for me.
Car will arrive mid-June. I asked them to order the flaps, so they could be installed as soon as the car arrives, before I pick it up.
I'll gladly post some pictures when I take delivery of the car, if required.

I won't trust any dealer with things like this but that's me. Like getting the work experience boy to fit the number plates, on the wonk

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Have fitted mine yesterday. Found it a pig to get one of the under bolts in the rears, had to undo and realign part of the plastic frame work under the bumper.

My flaps are the same as LeonFRTDi (the red FR on previous page)
But I've taken different pictures so you can see how I've used helicopter tape for protection due to past experience of them fretting/rubbing grit in to the paint and in turn damaging it.

But i did find a difference one side to another in some material wadding that is visable when your looking up behind the front inner arch, seems to hold water too. Held on with one side being adhesive by the feel of it.

You can make out in one picture the inner most bottom hole that is supposed to be 9.5mm dia and take the rubber M5 stud supplied in the fitting kit. I instead used a screw like the others and a plain bore plastic nut which meant only drilling a 3mm hole.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019
Here's some pics of the fronts and rears on a silver SE (the rears are different and pricier on an FR.

Rear Fixing

oYaccoD.jpg

Front Fixing

dEOhcln.jpg

Rear

3J0S9pA.jpg

Front

HQzSThJ.jpg

I decided to take the plunge because I was getting a lot of muck up the front door and onto the rear bumper. Let's hope this works.

The fixing kit is clear and needs a short Torx 25 (from memory) to avoid removing the wheels at the rear. The only drilling is into the plastic liner at the front

I know this is years on, but are these actually effective? They seem too small to prevent all the dirt flicking up to your boot.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I know this is years on, but are these actually effective? They seem too small to prevent all the dirt flicking up to your boot.

I regularly walk past a house where the owner has a Seat Leon ST with mud flaps fitted. The sides of that car and the areas behind the wheels accumulate no less dirt than my car without mud flaps fitted. I agree, the Seat mud flaps seem to be far too short to be effective.

I personally wouldn’t bother fitting them and aesthetically, in my opinion most models of car look better without mud flaps.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
As the person who supplied the pics, I would have to disagree. I find them to be effective but depending where you drive. Obv going through a mudbath, the car is going to get covered.

Anyway they must reduce the mud applied to the car. Whether it is adequate for your hopes and desires is another matter

Reactions: OJ9693

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
The front OEM seat ones look better than none, the rear ones aren't nice looking, I may fit front ones to protect the arch / sideskirt

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
The front OEM seat ones look better than none, the rear ones aren't nice looking, I may fit front ones to protect the arch / sideskirt
They don't fit if you have the oem side skirts. I looked into getting a set but I can only fit them to the rear.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Front fits on the new style oem sideskirts, and the rear do a excellent job protecting the paint behind rear wheels (why I got them)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.