Mudflaps please post on here when they arrive!

dmcer

Jan 9, 2015
SE
Thanks, do you happen to have any pictures of them fitted on your FR?
I'm still considering getting some flaps, and possibly some wind deflectors, I found out very quickly how wet the Leon can get you if you are not careful opening the drivers window!

Last edited:

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Can I ask you mudflap owners how much of reduction they have on rear wheel spray?

I've had my white Leon a few weeks now, and it gets dirty real quick anyway, but.. I washed it on Wednesday eve, Thursday morning it was chucking it down and after 15 mile motorway blast to work, the car mostly looked fine, but the rear of it was mucky as hell! I'm also finding I'm using a lot of washer juice keeping that back window clear.

I have the OEM on my red FR and they do a very good job IMO. Wouldn't be without them and well worth fitting.

EoinM

Thanks, do you happen to have any pictures of them fitted on your FR?
I'm still considering getting some flaps, and possibly some wind deflectors, I found out very quickly how wet the Leon can get you if you are not careful opening the drivers window!
Hope this helps

e0515d506bb2313f513edc8f61957b37.jpg

Not the best selection of shots but tried to get something with them at all angles. I'm also assuming it's for a Mark 3 based on your avatar.

Last edited:

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Yup, looks the muts nuts :lol:, just like mine (but in red ;)) lol

Last edited:

dmcer

Jan 9, 2015
SE
Thanks for the pictures EoinM, looks great, but I now have a little Titanium pack envy!

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
I have just fitted the Seat ones on the front and to be honest not right happy with them they are just a bit of hard plastic and have no wrap round were it meets the wing and I have a 2 mm gap which am unhappy with so may take them off.

skk

Jul 14, 2014
Was very surprised to see that my FR has front mudflaps fitted by the dealer. Hadn´t paid any attention to them before I read this thread:rofl:

They are almost unnoticeable, at least the ones in front.

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Finally! performancecreations

£70 for normal PVC
£80 for 4mm PVC
£140 for kaylan

These are an absolute steal! I prefer them to the spats that seat are selling and they do a brilliant job at keeping mud, stones and tar off the sides of the car.

So happy I can finally show these off!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hi, was just about to ask about standard mudflaps or these flaps as an alternative and saw this topic.

Do you have a picture or can you explain how these fit please?
I understand they fit only in the original inner wing screw positions and don't wrap around/backwards at all.

The website doesn't show enough details.

I'm awaiting delivery of the leon, but my experiance of the factory ones on my golf meant a few holes had to be drilled and where the fronts wrapped along the wing they fret and rub grit and dirt in the paint. This meant using helecopter tape and removing periodically to clean.

Thanks
Kev.

Last edited:

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
They are fab, thanks. Which make are these and how do they fit please?

Sorry I bought these & another Set which have long since been sold with another Car over 14yrs ago from a Auto Shop in Dublin of all places at the time...
They were cheap as chips & I only had the SEAT Vinyl Stickers made to cover over another name that was a smaller image on them

There must be somewhere still selling these basic Mud flaps surely tho. ??

They do the job fine tho.

Will last a lifetime id say.

And are made from a Hard Wearing Rubber type of Material

:funk:

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Sorry I bought these & another Set which have long since been sold with another Car over 14yrs ago from a Auto Shop in Dublin of all places at the time...
They were cheap as chips & I only had the SEAT Vinyl Stickers made to cover over another name that was a smaller image on them

There must be somewhere still selling these basic Mud flaps surely tho. ??

They do the job fine tho.

Will last a lifetime id say.

And are made from a Hard Wearing Rubber type of Material

:funk:

Thanks. Do they just fit with the standard arch liner screws then?

I've found this brand at performancecreations and at larkspeed

Sorry can't do links yet!

But they do stick out sideways a tad more.

Might email them, just be lovely to find out before committing.

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
Thanks. Do they just fit with the standard arch liner screws then?

I've found this brand at performancecreations and at larkspeed

Sorry can't do links yet!

But they do stick out sideways a tad more.

Might email them, just be lovely to find out before committing.

YES ive used the Standard TORX Fixings that are already there & added a few more !!!
Bit of Trimming Req for the rear ones right underneath but you would never know...
I'll take some pix of the fixings side if you want to see.

I think the tiny SEAT OEM ones are a joke & esp as they want your back teeth with the gums for them they can get stuffed....

:censored:

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
Yeeessshhh them ones at performancecreations look MASSSSIVE !!!!

trust me you don't want them that long....

They catch everything

Mine will be easily 5/6mm thick they will bend but not by much.

Atleast there is others to be had eh !!

The SEAT OEM ones should be binned... max £5 each that's all there worth

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
YES ive used the Standard TORX Fixings that are already there & added a few more !!!
Bit of Trimming Req for the rear ones right underneath but you would never know...
I'll take some pix of the fixings side if you want to see.

I think the tiny SEAT OEM ones are a joke & esp as they want your back teeth with the gums for them they can get stuffed....

:censored:

Very true!!! I didn't pay full whack for the ones on my golf.

If you wouldn't mind but this I'm pretty sure it's the route I'll go.

I'm getting a Nevada white FR, so maybe white flaps with FR logos...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.