My 2006 55 Leon FR+ Emocion Red ** OEM+ **

jay87

May 4, 2007
After needing a a daily runner, and dabbling in a few Leon Cupra R's, I was on the hunt for a Leon FR+, last of the line which comes with the Cupra R Bodykit, and a 17'' version of the alloys, personally i think they should have come with the 18'' as standard. So plans are to pretty much bring this car up to how I think Seat should have sent it from the factory!

So the purchase was a 'Emocion Red' FR+, brought from a salvage site, and recorded as a category D, opted for the damaged version as at the time of looking, finding one with under 100k, and at a decent price just wasn't happening! And I would rather buy the car still damaged, as I know the extent of the damage, instead of taking someones word for it.

Luckily the car came with Full History, looks to have been well maintained, and the damage was pretty small with just a scuff to the bumper, slight damage on the wing, and a broken headlamp bracket, and a missing splitter.

22/05/2014 New Parts Fitted:
New Front Wishbones
New Front Ball Joints
New Front Drop Links
Passenger Side Front Driveshaft & CV Boot

Didn't need the suspension doing, but its been done for peace of mind, being my daily runner, pictures of the damage before and after will be on shortly I hope!

jay87

May 4, 2007
anybequt.jpg

Shown Damage; Bumper Scuff, Broken Grill, Picture doesn't show it, but wings slightly bent and moved back about 2/3mm, all in all not a lot of damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
MK1s were produced in 2006? Wow, I never knew that! Anyway, hope to see some photos of the car as thinking about the same one soon.

jay87

May 4, 2007
Still have not had the car painted, or even drove it on a road, but on to the first upgrade!

Had a seat a 'Seat Sport' Brake Callipers, well the full set up by AP Racing, but deemed it wasting them on a 150 TDI when I'm not even going to remap it, worst case if I did it would only be to a very safe 170/175. So I came across a bargain set of 312mm Callipers and Carriers off a Octavia vRS! Needs a seal, one spring clip, discs and pads, I think I'll be opting for the drilled and grooved discs off eBay which are about £70 and some decent pads. Which should be more than enough stopping power. Undecided on what colour to refurb, but in keeping with OEM, I'm swayed between Black & Silver..

ama9ubu7.jpg

vuzygema.jpg

jay87

May 4, 2007
ydu6e6uh.jpg

01/06/2014 Little present for the car, S3 illuminated air vents. These may well be modified a touch more!