My Arosa sport is rolling on 16's...

Daz_Wilko89

MK3 Cupra Owner
Jun 26, 2007
Yarm
but not for much longer though there too big and rub like mad when i turn corners or hit pot holes, they looked soo good as well being 7.5inch wide so they stuck out like a treat!

here they are anyways :

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
they are going to rub like a b*tch , what tyre size you running , they look like balloons mate :| you'll need to run some stretch to help them clear

Daz_Wilko89

MK3 Cupra Owner
Jun 26, 2007
Yarm
the tyres are 195/45r16 the tyres are already stretched and still rub on front so i've taken them off for now :D

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
i was £50 to get both my back arches done as its easy to do as they just push the lip up . the front isnt easy on the arosas as the wing goes under into the arch and theres a bracket that is on the wing but under in the arch that you cant do anything about , what i done to help stop the rubbing at the front was to take the arch liner out after 300 miles and see where the tyre was rubbing and then take a stanley knife to the arch and cut out the bit that it was rubbing on and that gave me enough clearance , well that and deliberately cambering the front wheels . only thing is if you put to much camber on it then the wheel will rub on the strut which isnt good

DallanTan

Aug 23, 2007
Rutland :)
haha what engine you got?? - is it slow?

i have 14's x 8 on my arosa and they stickk out like a dream.

just get the arches pushed

Daz_Wilko89

MK3 Cupra Owner
Jun 26, 2007
Yarm
No it wasnt any slower, its a 1.4 16valve (100bhp)

im just gunna get some 15's now with some stretch on them and then lower the coils a bit futher down.

ive got the coils as low as i can on the back yet it still sits very high, is it a stupid idea to just take the adjuster out?

Daz_Wilko89

MK3 Cupra Owner
Jun 26, 2007
Yarm
yes because arosa's are quick to begin with :cartman:

i think they looked sweet

Well mine will be quicker soon when i get a remap, hoping for about 115bhp

its got a pipercross induction kit and scorpion back box atm.

thinking of going for a custom cat back exhaust before the remap first mind.

its all a matter of money though.

MKStu

They look alright actually, thought it might look a bit like a monster truck but its kind of funky.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members