My Cupra new app

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
Why don't they just update the existing app or automatically transfer you across ???

Having tried to use Cupra connect yesterday and been forced into downloading the 'new improved' MY CUPRA app I have a few pointers for anyone who subscribes.

After installing the new app it's not live on the vehicle until you log out, make yourself primary user again on the vehicle, then log in remembering your S pin from when you got the vehicle (or reset it, which was fairly easy)

All of these stages are of course accompanied by the "please wait" or "Updating settings" messages that go on so long you think the damn things frozen.

Once in and running you need to update vehicle settings in the app - for which the car needs to be in 'Internet mode' - haven't figured that one yet.

Now either I'm particularly impatient or this process is piss poor.

Consider this a RANT!!

Mar 11, 2023
Hi,

Internet mode, you can buy a data card and a mifi router (TPLink) and you are good to go.

my problem is im getting too many requests from user error on my app.

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
I used the car today and it did a software update over my home wifi. You'd think that was internet mode ish

Jul 22, 2024
Why don't they just update the existing app or automatically transfer you across ???

Having tried to use Cupra connect yesterday and been forced into downloading the 'new improved' MY CUPRA app I have a few pointers for anyone who subscribes.

After installing the new app it's not live on the vehicle until you log out, make yourself primary user again on the vehicle, then log in remembering your S pin from when you got the vehicle (or reset it, which was fairly easy)

All of these stages are of course accompanied by the "please wait" or "Updating settings" messages that go on so long you think the damn things frozen.

Once in and running you need to update vehicle settings in the app - for which the car needs to be in 'Internet mode' - haven't figured that one yet.

Now either I'm particularly impatient or this process is piss poor.

Consider this a RANT vehicleaccidentinjury!!
I used the car today, and it performed a software update over my home Wi-Fi. It felt like it was in internet mode or something.