My Final thoughts on DPF

Hybrid

Nov 5, 2002
Newport (S.Wales)
Visit site
With regards to a choice of different car to the FR170 I mearly said the FR TFSI as an alternative, Cupra or other would be considered as long as it didn't have a DPF!

I want to consider custom code De-DPF but want to see how many people get it done and how legal it is.... Plus this option makes me concede the fact that due to the error of the OEM VAG group I will have to endure the expense of solving the problem by installing a De-DPF system.

Common rail allows you to store diesel at high pressure (2000Bar) constantly at the disposal of the injectors. This enables you to program the ECU to carry out 5-7 (or more) injection events per one cylinder cycle, this can be tuned to give reduced smoke, better emissions, performance & MPG. So is FR170 PD? I assumed it was common rail?

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
but both PD and CR 170's have DPF's. As far as i'm aware the CR DPF is much better designed than the PD version.
I'm opting for a De_DPF, when i can get it relatively close to where i live.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Reading he forums, if your DPF fails after waranty you will be best of going for a DPF delete pipe and map. The cost is about the same as 2 visits to the dealers for a DPF repair.

Also the DPF delete and map will see you easy over 200BHP and proper derv MPG too.

I reckon the DPF delete price will come down in a year.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.