My Ibiza vs Civic Type-R

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
thought i'd post this for those of you considering K03s upgrade but can't make your mind up. thought this might help :D . quick video of me last night having a play with my mates standard Civic Type-R, i gave him a massive headstart and he was caning it right to 8500rpm in every gear :D not the best quality video, but you get the idea.

p.s if this isn't allowed on here, someone let me know and i will take it off. cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGIf3cvHB3k

davecash

Cars make me poor
Nov 20, 2006
Bedford
Like it. I've got a mate with a type r who probably just has the edge on me at the moment.

However....... there's a KO3s sat at the end of my bed.

davecash

Cars make me poor
Nov 20, 2006
Bedford
revo, milltek cat back, 007, BMC induction. Not actually had a race with him yet, but having been in his it seems to pull 100 (private road) quicker.

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
dave with stage one it's quite fun... cause it's kinda you get the lead, then once he's in 4th he'll kick butt...

Mike & I played loads of times when I had my CTR and he was stage 1!!

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
that's the thing, i went in his type-r and it seems to pull really well upto 100mph and gets there really fast. my mods are;

Blueflame exhaust with 2.75" downpipe and 100 cell race cat
Forge front mounted intercooler
Green Dynatwist air filter
4 bar FPR
K03s Turbo
Samco TIP
Jabbasport Cutom Re-map

went a few more times after that video but i didn't give him a headstart, it wasn't even a race. lol. i felt quite sorry for him actually, cus that's his new car and i made him look silly :D

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
yer once in 4th... they have there go, up till then they are pretty pants really, I'd always opt for Trubo over Vtec any day now.. having driven and owned both..

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Is that a Police car you both brake for at the end of the video? LOL
Good video though, it isn't close at all, you pass him easily.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
i prefer to go hunting modified Focus RSs much more of an interesting challenge which usually ends up with me behind

never been unable to rape a CTR yet, k03s aint eveything

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
lol, no not a police car. he braked because of the amounts of gravel i was throwing up and stone chipping his car :D

i'm gonna have some wicked videos this weekend, were going to a dis-used aurstrip to film some racing, me vs CTR vs MR2 turbo vs VX220 turbo etc. did a video last weekend actually but these will be better, will post them up if anyone is interested.

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
i prefer to go hunting modified Focus RSs much more of an interesting challenge which usually ends up with me behind

never been unable to rape a CTR yet, k03s aint eveything

did that the other week acid. had a go at a 310bhp+ RS Focus. thing was rapid!!! put 5 lengths on me to 130mph. the RS focus boys don't believe i would have been able to keep that near it, so i'm going pod on 22nd of April. there's 25 RSF's going! i stirred it up abit on the RSOC so gotta go down there and represent the seat's :D

i know a CTR isn't that quick, but i got a vid of me and my mates VX220 turbo with full exhaust and re-map pushing 240bhp. very close with my car (from a roll obviously)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTtsZfDrzLM

Last edited:
May 2, 2006
i personally dont even rate a standard Type R, gets raped everytime, whatever the gear/speed - they bore me

cool vids though, good watch, made the last 5mins go quicker
vids with vx220 was cool too, just behind on that fair play

:clap:

Last edited:

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
how did you get on that strip?

were you allowed on there or is it something local to you thats just abandoned so nobody cares?

yep something pretty local that no-one uses. going on the weekend if anyone is interested in coming along?! it's at blackbushe

May 2, 2006
where blackbush nick?

im gobsmacked?? lol who owns the land? council or private? do they know?

ever used any proper timing gear up there?

pmsl, got one next to me too, junction 8 M62, old burtonwood airbase, used to take the crosser on their but found a way on with cars now, oh, and its MILES long ;)

nick s

256bhp & 282lbs/ft
Dec 9, 2005
where blackbush nick?

im gobsmacked?? lol who owns the land? council or private? do they know?

ever used any proper timing gear up there?

it's right behind blackbushe market!!! it used to be a private airport, but they have moved up the road now, so this one is unused, you go through the market carpark and it's hidden behind a load of bushes. there's people on there walking dogs sometimes, but that's it!!!

here's directions to the market

"It's easy to find us at the British Car Auctions site, Blackbushe Airport, on the A30 between Basingstoke and Camberley M3 junction 4a just follow the signs to Yateley (A30). Alternatively, M3 Junction 4 - follow A321/A30 for 4 miles.
"

locationmap.gif

we will be there on sunday with proper timing gear!! my mate just spent £200 on a nice bit of kit, where you can upload to the PC and analyse it, with graphs, replays of the runs etc. there's gonna be some nice cars down there sunday with us doing 1/4 mile etc. if anyone wants to come there more than welcome

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.