My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
They look awesome!! Well worth the Agro mate! :D

James this car is a credit to you mate, your doing exactly what I plan to with mine in regard to restoring it and bringing it back to show room condition :) just wish I had a garage :)

They're lovely <3

Sent from my iPhone

Just finished reading this, well worth it. lovely car!

Thanks all. Great to get some feedback :)

Managed to do all the alterations today and get the setup fitted. Front facing pads were ground down the avoid the issue of the bell fouling the pad; my fault as I bought a set of Pagid pads specifically for the Cayenne 350mm setup. As I'm keen to buy some DS2500s in the future, I'm happy to use them to bed in the discs and my confidence :happy: Once ground down I painted the area to ensure no rust...

1CD040DF-D54B-4C81-A9CE-EA1C53BD86FE_zpsearnon55.jpg

Lines all attached, discs, pads and pin kit fitted and voila...

0E5BE5BE-8C49-4499-AD11-3D975EE8B546_zpsmmehgbo5.jpg

F996230B-605F-470B-973B-465B4C1CCB5C_zpslxewwav9.jpg

E5D54E17-31A9-4794-A600-07C1B3170B41_zps2rp19sd7.jpg

Really chuffed. Hopefully over the weekend I'll get to bleed the brakes and wax/detail everything to ensure maximum protection, then wheels on and I'm finally done :funk:

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
I just did a little sex wee :cartman:

They look awesome mate, can't wait to get mine sorted.

Cheers Adam. Yours will look ace against the ECS rear setup, especially with the 370mm discs [B)] I spoke with Martin at Reyland Motorsport today and he's able to do a 2-piece disc for the rear with the LCR bells giving a bang on offset. I'm hopefully gonna go with 320x20mm using the original caliper and a slightly greater spaced bracket. A bit of overkill but it'll look sexual [B)] Other option is to simply go for the 330x22mm setup from Compbrake, but it's another £100 and I think a little too big for the rear IMO. Hopefully the wife will allow me to spend another small fortune on the garden ornament ;)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Hey there 380's your doing me out of 10mm :cartman:

I spoke to Martin about some slightly thinner front rotors, the only thing that put me off his rotors is that there all machined down from a big disc so the vents are not angled like the more expensive ones (so I read) they seem quite heavy to? When I was looking at badger bills 330 upgrade thread his rotors were considerably lighter, not that either of those make much difference in the real world, especially on the rear.

Compbrake were also very helpful, even tho they didn't make the rotor size I wanted they were willing to make me some at the same price as there normal rotors.

330's would look awesome, my 306's don't really look that big behind the wheel.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Hey there 380's your doing me out of 10mm :cartman:

I spoke to Martin about some slightly thinner front rotors, the only thing that put me off his rotors is that there all machined down from a big disc so the vents are not angled like the more expensive ones (so I read) they seem quite heavy to? When I was looking at badger bills 330 upgrade thread his rotors were considerably lighter, not that either of those make much difference in the real world, especially on the rear.

Compbrake were also very helpful, even tho they didn't make the rotor size I wanted they were willing to make me some at the same price as there normal rotors.

330's would look awesome, my 306's don't really look that big behind the wheel.

That's useful to know Adam, thanks. Questions I wouldn't have thought to ask. If I got the Compbrake kit then at least I wouldn't have to faff with making the caliper brackets. After the faff with the fronts, I should make it easy for myself, as a treat...

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
When I was looking at badger bills 330 upgrade thread his rotors were considerably lighter, not that either of those make much difference in the real world, especially on the rear.
Kinda disagree there, lighter the car the better. In terms of the effects it has on a Porsche is great. You save 20kg of weight with the ceramic upgrade and when testing both cars it does make the car seem lighter at the feet for sure having driven Porsche with standard brakes and ceramics.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Hit a bit of a snag today when trying to bleed the brakes; they would not bleed. Shed loads of air and a periodic obstruction. I'm using a pneumatic air bleeder attached to my compressor. I had to ditch attempts as I had a call to pick up the little man from nursery as he has D&V :( I'll have another go later in the week but I think I'll have to deconstruct the lines to troubleshoot. Maybe bleed the rear brakes too??? We'll get there... Some day soon... 1st time I've ever bled brakes so a bit of a learning curve as always...

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
You start furthest away from master cylinder first so rears first then fronts working towards master cylinder.

Hope your littleun is ok mate.

Last edited:

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
A mate of mine who has cayenne 6 pots on his b5 s4 said he had to pressurise the pedal then open the nipple whilst still pressing the pedal, then close it before releasing the pedal, he said it took ages to do but they're bloody good brakes!

Sent from my iPhone

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
You start furthest away from master cylinder first so rears first then fronts working towards master cylinder.

Hope your littleun is ok mate.

A mate of mine who has cayenne 6 pots on his b5 s4 said he had to pressurise the pedal then open the nipple whilst still pressing the pedal, then close it before releasing the pedal, he said it took ages to do but they're bloody good brakes!

Sent from my iPhone

Sound advice chaps. Thanks :) I ditched the pheumatic bleeder in favour of an old fashioned homemade catcher with me operating the brake pedal.

04BCDD16-84E7-4883-85EA-D69BE0B97A37_zpsbjs1mv8y.jpg

I flushed the system with 3Ls in the end as there was quite a bit of loose debris in the fluid. The pedal still feels a little longer than OEM but it's got a nice bite. The 6 pots are meant to have a more progressive feel so I'll look to have a garage do a full flush including clutch and master cylinder to make sure, but only after the rear project has been completed.

I DA'd the calipers and waxed everything in sight, also doing the wheels too. Fitted with a 10mm spacer and bloody hell is it close! There's about 4mm between the caliper and inner side of the rim. Having a 2-piece setup definitely changes the appearance. I'm pretty pleased with how it's all turned out :D

Pics to follow

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Was in a rush at the end of the day, using the iPhone but it gives you an idea. The car will get a wash and proper shoot when I can find some time...

AB33B770-AFB1-4A6E-BF80-8ED3ED3A701E_zpscxva8fab.jpg

0949D67F-2317-4E1C-8D64-D4F27982B92B_zpsomhmrcqc.jpg

ACE93E76-51EC-4B7D-AA35-67FDC1EB7482_zpskfbfinxw.jpg

F1B4D549-C59B-48ED-90CD-4598B6053724_zpsbnko2xni.jpg

B5823B48-E5F8-4C5D-97DE-8328DECD4157_zpsxggx1gxr.jpg

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.