my mates 130 ibiza

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Ok here goes.

Mine is mapped with a stock FMIC ( before i got the pipes done) and it made around 185 to 190 bhp with around 300lb of torque.

On the rollers at AMD Maz made similar figures to me, Struggers Leon made 194 and almost 330lb of torque with a remap and an allards FMIC with some boost pipework mods.

Do the maths. I could have bought a 130 for well under 10k when i paid £13000 for the Cupra Tdi.

I could have got the 130Tdi to the same point as my Cupra is after spending 3k on top of the purchase price for about the difference between the two as standard.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
but as devon said, can't the 150 turbo hold power for longer? (don't shoot me)

so if i get this right, you could have less peak power, but hold power for longer and get a higher power/torque reading lower down the revs, thus making the car overall faster. does that make sense?

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
but as devon said, can't the 150 turbo hold power for longer? (don't shoot me)

so if i get this right, you could have less peak power, but hold power for longer and get a higher power/torque reading lower down the revs, thus making the car overall faster. does that make sense?

Yes :) I just wonder whether the difference is worth the difference if that makes sense.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Misunderstood that completely then, but at the end of the day does not matter what you do to a 130 it will still be a 130 on the reg doc and valued as a 130!
Glynn

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Miss understood that completely then, but at the end of the day does not matter what you do to a 130 it will still be a 130 on the reg doc and valued as a 130!
Glynn

Assuming that people who mod cars don't do it to increase the value ... they do it to increase the enjoyment and if it could be done cheaper, it can only be a good thing? Either way the mods come off when you sell it so it's still relative.

brad1

Miss understood that completely then, but at the end of the day does not matter what you do to a 130 it will still be a 130 on the reg doc and valued as a 130!
Glynn

i still think a 130, with fmic and genuine lcr wheels and kit will be as wanted as a standard cupra tdi and fr+ ;)

westoncraig

reviver of old threads :)
Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
Trust you are being sarcastic Craig as I personally cant see that much difference unless a car has a fault somewhere!
Glynn

i was jus trying to make a point!

i think people are clutching at straws, you might be able to get a 130 to 200bhp but it wioll cost alot and you will need to make some serious mods.

a simple remap can take the 150 to close to 200 bhp

quoted straight from the revo site:

130tdi pd stage 1 will go to 170bhp and 290 torque
150 tdi pd stage 1 will go to 190bhp and 290 of torque

that alone tells me that a 150 mapped is quicker than a 130 mapped, i doubt a fmic for the 130 will give gains of 20bhp

well.... lets see the power maps of thse cars, surely that will settle the argument!
these 130's might well be powerful, but with the uprated turbo etc, i believe hand on heart that te 150 has the edge

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I think what we have to consider is that Strugers is one of the first to bypass the pancake pipe and have his piping all changed to Allards. He hasn't got the boost leaks associated with the stock system and I would put money that makes a big difference.

If one of us 150PD boys changed our piping and bypassed the pancake pipe, who's to say we wont gain another 10bhp like Strugers did? Hit 200BHP...

There is a 150 PD Golf with just a 2.5" Miltek system and a remap who hit 196BHP...add better piping and I'd say he'd easily get 200BHP.

No one knows yet....

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Assuming that people who mod cars don't do it to increase the value ... they do it to increase the enjoyment and if it could be done cheaper, it can only be a good thing? Either way the mods come off when you sell it so it's still relative.

Mods come off.
Bloody hell I would not want to piss about reverting it back to a 130.
change the cooler back, what about all the other bits and bobs.
Seems to defeat the object and nowdays it seems the 150pd and the 130pd are much closer together in purchase price used.
Glynn

brad1

well as for engine mods, it goes like this, strugers1 got his mapped with a panel filter, thats it a 176bhp, after that he bought a green cotton cone, cat back exhaust which give no bhp and a fmic intercooler, so from 176bhp to 193, where has 17bhp come from??
i honestly think most of it is fmic and with the bigger pipes, more air flow and colder, plus he has passed the pancake pipe which is probably a big improvement

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
I think what we have to consider is that Strugers is one of the first to bypass the pancake pipe and have his piping all changed to Allards. He hasn't got the boost leaks associated with the stock system and I would put money that makes a big difference.

If one of us 150PD boys changed our piping and bypassed the pancake pipe, who's to say we wont gain another 10bhp like Strugers did? Hit 200BHP...

There is a 150 PD Golf with just a 2.5" Miltek system and a remap who hit 196BHP...add better piping and I'd say he'd easily get 200BHP.

No one knows yet....
Valid point Mr JJ
Glynn

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Will be fun finding this out - unlike the 1.8T engine, the diesel is still very much a WIP for the tuning firms.

Will get mine RR'd again once the TIP is on and the pancake has gone - yes Maz ... it's coming off.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.