my mates 130 ibiza

T. Spark

Its called a question hense the question mark. ---> ? means its a question not a statement.

You say this Ibiza edged away from you scotty, and Leooo says his car was faster than the Ibiza.

Put your handbags away lady's

Leooo12345

i know that dans ibiza is faster than mine with an extra 30 bhp. Cars car is faster than mine when it was standard cos it had 30 extra bhp but obviously not by as much cos of the weight.

im looking forawrd to getting mine mapped joel cos a 150 leon vs a 150 polo - no contest :D cya scotty lol

My car was only faster than dans one time cos hiss turbo pipe was loose or soemthing :/

:D Seat / VW Lover <3 xxx

Mar 8, 2007
What jabbasport quoute and what you will actually achieve are two different things.

With no other mods at all you are likely to acheieve 135-140bhp on a PD100

Mar 8, 2007
Its not all about power anyway. I'm not slating Jabba at all, they are very good mappers and you shouldnt be put off just because it hasnt quite hit the BHP figure you expected. The curve of the map and how the power is delivered is even more important than peak figures.

strugers1

i got 52 bhp without any other mods!!and all this gear ratios lark is poo it slows a car down with shorter ratios
eg you change gear 3 times up saanta pod it will be slower than a car that changes gear twice as long as they same car same weight etc!!!
but i raced brad tonight and he stayed with me till 70 which is unheard of!! so i going to buy a new maf!!!

brad1

im looking forawrd to getting mine mapped joel cos a 150 leon vs a 150 polo - no contest :D cya scotty lol

which is better car, i think everybody would agree here the leon is better and cant see why someone is coming on a seat forum with a polo, plus new injectors on the way which i have bought and i am waiting for, plus a 150 turbo or a vnt20 and new downpipe so will see about 185bhp to about 210bhp and new clutch i have already got waiting to go on, so your little 140bhp polo will be left in my soot ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
So what we've gathered is there is 2 leons, 1 ibiza and 1 polo.

Depending on which day of the week it is some beat others in a "race"

Now the OP was about a supposedly "standard" 130 Ibiza being "faster" than a "182bhp" Leon.

lets take 1/4 for instance, the leons fastest is 15.2 and iv seen Ibiza 130's do 16.3ish.

So 1 second difference, traveeling at 80mph thats just over 100ft difference, or 7ish car lengths.

For a fact the leon won't be doing 15.2 sec 1/4's every single time, neither will the Ibiza be doing 16.3ish

My quickest time down pod was 14.8 but with a bad start and mucho wheelspin i did do a poor 15.8 on 1 occasion

But maybe just maybe when the "superfast" Ibiza "beat" the "mega quick" Leon. It could have been that the Leon wheelspun too much, or over revved in a gear and lost 1/2 a second to 1 second up to 80 and the Ibiza actually aced he/shes gear changes and managed the same time.......

OR the Ibiza is mapped and its a diff kettle of fish!

Mar 8, 2007
i got 52 bhp without any other mods!!and all this gear ratios lark is poo it slows a car down with shorter ratios
eg you change gear 3 times up saanta pod it will be slower than a car that changes gear twice as long as they same car same weight etc!!!
but i raced brad tonight and he stayed with me till 70 which is unheard of!! so i going to buy a new maf!!!

go on some other rollers and see what you get :whistle: :ban:

Mary Hinge

Seems pretty obvious to me that scotty1, strugers1 and Leooo12345 are all the same person judging by the way all the sentences are structured and the grammar (or lack of) .

strugers1

well go an xcheck then cos we different people!!!
oh and i think its my maf my car has absolutly no go!!
and i did not realise that a forum had marks out of ten for spelling and grammar!!

brad1

Seems pretty obvious to me that scotty1, strugers1 and Leooo12345 are all the same person judging by the way all the sentences are structured and the grammar (or lack of) .

it seems this thread has turned into a grammar judging thread, when you may think im a yob, but ask some of the people on this forum, about me;), i like to think that i am respected on this forum by others who have been on here a while like i have and not someone jugding me that have been on here for 5 mins
and i am a B grade gcse in English ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

brad1

and i think me and strugers1 one have come to a conclusion today about the ibiza, not along ago i typed his reg plate into various places, autotrader confused etc and it comes up as a manual 5 speed ibiza sport, which tells me its a 100pd engine...
and best of all, he went to a motor factor today and ordered some new pads and disks for his car and they gave him the same pads and disks that are for my car and the same as the polo 100pd
so i think its been in a write off and had a 150 leon engine put in at as his dad gets written off cars all the time and sells them off
so i think thats the answer

strugers1

amen to that an they use reg number an chassis number and like you say they came out for the ibiza 100 sport

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members