My mk3 Chill making a weird noise

DylanE

May 15, 2009
Hey guys!!

When I drive my car in 2nd gear at about 20mph 1800 rpm my car makes a vibrating noise which is not nice to listen to. When my hand is on the gearstick it stops making it. I took it to the garage and 5 different mechanics could not fix it! Ive tried having a look my self but unsuccessful!!

Has any1 had this its getting on my nerves!!

DylanE

May 15, 2009
Porthmadog, Ive taken it to two garages in total, 1 garage had all 5 working on it, they all knew where the sound was coming from but didn't know how to fix the sound???

Its something vibrating but don't know what!!!

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
thats a bit bad that they know where but cant fix it.

if you know where its coming from the get under the car with a lil pry bar and start checking flex ability on things. something is either worn or broke.

shouldnt be too hard mate. but without listening to the sound i couldnt say where to start

DylanE

May 15, 2009
Trust me this sound is annoying, and getting to a point where i can't bare it any longer !

digitek50

I may have the same problem. Although i would say it's more of a whirring/whistling. Almost like that of a litle mouse squeeking.

I only hear it when i'm in second gear and going around 15-20 mph. It has always done thins and i have no idea what it could be.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.