My modified airbox!... (56k warning!) NOW with log results!...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
80mm MAF with a narrower snorkel makes no sense to me. I'm all over this after reading this with a minimum of 80mm feed!

I use a 104mm feed!

Has anyone got a close up picture of the battery relocation brackets and measurements so I can have a go at making some. I guess there no longer available to buy?

Look at my first picture in post number 1!!!! This should also help you along with DK's pics!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Haha, I remember doing that part of the mod whilst being hung over one sunday, took me bloody ages to smooth the top half of the box! lol

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
I have no idea mate, don't have one! I used vag com, logged block number 002 for airflow! do a search on here for how to use your liquid gauge properly! ;)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
It's kinda the same I think as its plugged into the same port. I have a thing where I choose mass air flow and it reads the reading as I accelerate. I just don't know what the readings suppose to say lol. I done it today for the first time and it reached a maximum of 199 g/s. That was in 6th gear from 60mph onwards. Is that how you do the test?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I'll give it a go tomorrow on my way to the garage. Done it in 6th to very silly speeds so 4th should be a lot better lol.

What's a good reading for a mapped car with a panel filter and standardish air box???

Bobbymk1

Apr 24, 2012
Old post I know but new to seat Leon's , did similar mod today using silicone hose as intake pipe , car has stage1 map with exhaust plus forge dv and piper cross filter , notice difference higher up the rev range

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.