My new arosa

darth_vader_helmet

Mar 26, 2008
Hi guys, picked up my new arosa last night and have not got plenty of questions for you all!!!! ;) by the way I have a 1.0 arosa on a R plate (1998).

1. In trying to lock the car last night, the passenger door not a problem, but the drivers door seems like it has just seized (the pin that is). When putting the key in the lock if I turn it clockwise then it turns no problem but the pin does nothing and therefore the door does not lock. If I turn the key anti-clockwise its like spongy, you can hear something happening but the pin does not move and the door remains unlocked. Can anyone help me on this? :confused:

2. The front grill speaker on the dash is cracked, I have checked ebay but noy joy. Any ideas where I can source one?

3. The driver side front door lower part of the panel seems loose, checked it this morning and one of the pins that pop into the hole (to keep it in place) has snapped off. Any idea where I can get one of these lower panels from or can someone recommend a fix maybe?

4. The car drivers fine and everything... but, when coming to a halt, junction, set of lights and end up temporarily stopping the car, the idle drops a couple of times to low before calming down, but when it initially drops in revs every so often it stalls. Can anyone recommend a fix for this?

Hope someone can help with my queries :D

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Your best bet is to ring your local dealer in regards to parts. Will give you an idea of price and very often the prices they give you are more than reasonable and cheaper than you would expect.

The Arosa does suffer with a stalling issue - yes, even the automatic ones are prone to this. A quick fix seems to be cleaning out the throttle body.

darth_vader_helmet

Mar 26, 2008
Your best bet is to ring your local dealer in regards to parts. Will give you an idea of price and very often the prices they give you are more than reasonable and cheaper than you would expect.

The Arosa does suffer with a stalling issue - yes, even the automatic ones are prone to this. A quick fix seems to be cleaning out the throttle body.

Yep, the throttle body was cleaned out today but idling just over 1,000 revs, around 1,200 which does seem very high compared to other cars I have had in the past which usually sit at around 7-900 rpm :help:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise