My New Candy White LEON FR!

sunny2k2000

Under the Hood!
Sep 4, 2008
Leicester
Am sure it will turn out as good!
I'm getting the roof wrapped in carbon fiber and also adding Linea R grille this weekend.
i'll try to add some pics up.

cdpdesign

Jul 13, 2010
Bug cleaner

There's only one product I ever use for removing bugs. I'm into my bikes as well, and I use This to get rid of bugs on my bike and helmet. It doesn't seem to remove the wax (well, water will still bead after use) and it's a foam rather than a spray so sticks. I spray it on a dry bike/helmet, then leave it 5 or 10 mins and wipe/wash off. 95% of stuff comes off first time, and a second application gets rid of the rest. It lasts a surprisingly long time also.

FR_Flavoured

In the White, your car is a fine example of how the addition of the Aero Skirts and Spoiler works well with the FR Bumpers. :thumbup: [B)]

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
Thats a nice motor mate.

Here is mine:
P1020626.jpg

I have the whole front of the car paintshielded (£1k) which is brilliant for resisting stone chips... the problem is, the BUGS !

You have to clean them off ASAP or they stain the film with their putrified blood!

I got nasty yellow and red stains in my film, though the good news is that the UV in sunlights removes this effect after a while, but having to clean so often is a pain!

I need a 'force'-field! ;)

sunny2k2000

Under the Hood!
Sep 4, 2008
Leicester
In the White, your car is a fine example of how the addition of the Aero Skirts and Spoiler works well with the FR Bumpers. :thumbup: [B)]

Cheers, i really like the FR bumper so it had to stay :D

Thats a nice motor mate.

Here is mine:
P1020626.jpg

I have the whole front of the car paintshielded (£1k) which is brilliant for resisting stone chips... the problem is, the BUGS !

You have to clean them off ASAP or they stain the film with their putrified blood!

I got nasty yellow and red stains in my film, though the good news is that the UV in sunlights removes this effect after a while, but having to clean so often is a pain!

I need a 'force'-field! ;)

Liking your motor too, your wheels really stand out.
I was considering getting the whole car wrapped too, The dam stone chips are really peeing me off!

sunny2k2000

Under the Hood!
Sep 4, 2008
Leicester
I finally wrapped had the roof wrapped in carbon fibre today at carbonskin in Hinckley they've done a top job!

editroof1.jpg

editroof2.jpg

After seeing the Linea R grille on markgb motor at a Loughborough meet i decided i had to have it.
Thanks to Dave at suremotors for the order.

Original Linea R grille
editgrill1.jpg

Seat badge wrapped in carbon fibre and the surround wrapped in gloss black.
editgrill2.jpg

Ive not fixed the Linea R grille yet but will update pics soon.

Last edited:

sunny2k2000

Under the Hood!
Sep 4, 2008
Leicester
X-Wing...Lol ! :lol:

Sorry I only just noticed the gag ! :D

Sunny

Was it difficult to wrap the badge? - it looks like a very professional job.

As the badge wasn't detached from the grill, the hardest part was wrapping the material in between the little gaps, but once the material is heated it stretches so with the help of a scoring knife it was ok.

Credit to the chap at carbonskin his done a top job.

K03heco

Really clean car man, It looks like something you'd see tearing up the Nurburgring ;)

sunny2k2000

Under the Hood!
Sep 4, 2008
Leicester
Thanks mate.

Yeah I've just got the front, side and the spoiler. I'm going to complete the kit with the rear bumper and central exhaust, hopefully next month.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.