My new Ibiza 1.4TSI FR

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
At the risk of sounding like an idiot... what are the benefits of relocating the battery to the boot? :p

Lol no problem, reason I'm doing it is so instead of the VW intake (like the itg setup) you have a cold air feed going down behind the passenger headlight between the battery and wing. If I locate the battery to the boot it gives me more space to play with and using the alloy pipe can fit the filter going straight to the original intake feed at the front of the car

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Basically I'm currently running this setup

image_zps329da3ec.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

But want to move the battery so I can get this setup

image_zpsd1be389d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Went to rolling road today and what a great laugh it was met some new people and caught up with old friends, so even though I haven't done much performance wise to the car just the TMC tuning box and induction kit. According to TMC's website the box should up power to about 180hp on the FR so wasn't holding my breath and being conservative about the outcome but overall I'm happy with the results.

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
So another update today went to see james23parkin today in sunny but sandy Norfolk with the intention of moving my battery from the engine bay to the spare wheel well.

This is how my engine bay used to look with my old forge induction kit

First off was getting the battery out of the engine bay so halfway through ended up with this

Then came putting the battery in the boot in the spare wheel well using the original battery tray with the batteries negative fitted to the seatbelt clip mount under the isofix bracket

Once james had fitted everything and we checked the car and electrics worked came tidying up the engine bay.

I fitted the VW racing induction kit thanks to Copey, and james found an old powered by seat sport plate so once everything was fitted and tidied up we ended up with this

All in all really happy :D, so massive thanks to james23parkin as without his help I'd've probably ripped the battery out electrocuted myself and be in hospital.

Cheers mate :thumbup:

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
well update time again and this time its not a good one. went to do some stuff today and had to pop into a laundrette so only being 5mins parked a the side of the road all was well and good until it came to me coming back and seeing my passenger side mirror sitting lower than normal went round to have a look and was greeted by this [:@]:censored:[:@]

IMAG0206_zps2cfursio.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0208_zpsynn9hfmr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0209_zpspsvw23ka.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0211_zps4vfvhmsh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG0210_zpsdvugxt9s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
:( I take it the idiot that did this left no details. Any cameras around where you were to catch it? You know how much it will cost to fix?

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
No MJ he didnt and there are no cameras anywhere in the area looking/covering where it happend :( .Buy anyway this bank holiday monday just gone i had a friend from Leicester come up and have a look at my car and to see if there was anything he could do. while i was working Mo my friend started work on the car at 9:30am and didnt stop till about 8:30-9pm that night, i finished work at 6pm and came back to (bodywork wise) an immaculate car and what a job he did. I only have one pic so far which is off the front wheel arch just as Mo had put one coat of paint on but will try and get some more next week as Mo's coming back up on monday to finish the paintwork blending it in and polishing/washing/detail the car for me.

anyway heres the pic so far and im sure youll agree what a great job hes done especially as its only cost me £55 all-in :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.