My Seat - indicator problem

Cupra_240bhp

Hi,

Cant figure out how to post a new thread in the right section apart from here. So thaught I would give this a go. I have a 2001 seat Ibiza cupra, the other day a problem with the indicator started happening. Basically when the indicator is on it clicks fine, when i turn it off it just randomly clicks at me even though the indicators are not on. Then smoke started to trickle out near the steering wheel!!! Now when i switch the car on the right hand indicator is on permanently.. Tried replacing the flasher relay but didnt help :(. Any ideas???

Thanks
Bretty

Cupra_240bhp

Just to let you know that I got a stalk for £15 posted.... Hopefully get it sorted this week at some point. Does any1 know how to fit it???? I have a rough idea but would rather get someone elses opinion on it to!!! guides or anything will be very helpfull. Cheers

Cupra_240bhp

yea, think im goin to give it to the garage to do lol. Mighty annoying though

daves ibiza

will send off asap mate. save money and do it yourself its easy really dude when you take wheel off its easy enough and ull see what i mean. watch geting wheel off . pull to hard and brake nose so leave on a few threads lol if you get stuck give us a bell

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
it is really easy to replace. Goes something like this!

1) disconnect battery
2) undo nuts on the back of the steering wheel holding the airbag in
3) pull the airbag off + disconnect horn
4) use a 24mm socket to undo the nut
5) steering wheel pulls off!
6) there are screws that you will see to remove the stalk

daves ibiza

it is really easy to replace. Goes something like this!

1) disconnect battery
2) undo nuts on the back of the steering wheel holding the airbag in
3) pull the airbag off + disconnect horn
4) use a 24mm socket to undo the nut
5) steering wheel pulls off!
6) there are screws that you will see to remove the stalk

there not bolt holding air bag in mate ther wierd clips took me bout half hour lol

Cupra_240bhp

Will keep u all posted... thanks again for the advice. Will get some pics of the car up soon. What u think RS4 alloys will look like on a siver seat cupra?

daves ibiza

nice one of the boys have them on here on silver to thinks its p34chy

daves ibiza

you reakon mate coz i dont inless our cars are totally diffrent , ill get pics up later to show you :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.