MY07 Already Booked at Bodyshop

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
as the title really.

Picked up my Leon FR at lunchtime only to find a scratch on the door and swirls on the drivers door. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

excuse the pun but it took the shine off the day. The dealer was very sorry and it has been booked in for Wednesday.

Hope this is not a sign of things to come.

Hope everyone else got off to a better start!

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
Ours (TDI FR) came with a scuff and dent in the door. The dealer sorted it, we were not pleased though as our Ibiza from the same place came with a dented door.

it also got damaged in the NHS carpark 10 days later (dented wing, scratched bumper).

uzzy

Run In!
Aug 8, 2006
Stone, Staffordshire
I too had dent damage on my 56 plate. Two dents drives foor and wing, both sorted by the dealer. Dents are easier to resolve than paint problems I hate to say.

jon1

May 7, 2005
Sunderland
i picked up mine at 12 and had condensation in the headlight, i made sure they noted it down but i was expecting it to be honest. If it gets any worse my dealer will sort it out up here. Strangely the cap off the AUX button was missing but was soon replaced. Very happy with the car, i had a 3 hour drive home and it was so tempting to put my foot down.
Got a thumbs up from a nice lady in an A3 which was good[B)]

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
Is rejecting it an option?

Not really. We told them they would repair the scratch and machine polish it again. Still not happy though.

I know these things happen but it is really anoying when it happens to your pride and joy.

Anyway on the upside the car is F:censored: king awsome... :D

Last edited:

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
We told them that we would reject if it wasn't 100% when given to us.

I wouldn't have accepted any paint though (our repair was paintless).

BanziBarn

FR TDI & Type-R
Jun 5, 2003
Greater London
Visit site
I've got Lacquer coming of the passender front door which needs fixing. Was going to wait until the next service but my girlfriend tells me that over the last few days the seatbelt dinger has been going off even though she's been fully belted up... so thats probably not somthing I'll not be able to put up with for a year!

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
That would seriously do my head in..
I would reject it outright and demand a replacement.

You obviously couldn't wait for the car!!

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
I've got Lacquer coming of the passender front door which needs fixing. Was going to wait until the next service but my girlfriend tells me that over the last few days the seatbelt dinger has been going off even though she's been fully belted up... so thats probably not somthing I'll not be able to put up with for a year!

The seatbelt chime is a known one, there are a couple of threads about it.

The problem is the passenger seat presure sensor is faulty, the car thinks you have a passenger that isn't belted up. Next time it happens plug the pasenger seat belt into it's clasp to confirm.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Be careful of them machine polishing it! Dealer's aren't the best at it and you are best taking it to a professional detailer who would be able to remove them. I had my car deswirled by FinerDetails and it looks stunning! Might be worth getting in touch with him as he is mobile and comes to you and will also protect your car with a large number of waxes and sealants.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.