MY19 & Easy Order to MY19 & Easy Offer

ajg74

Dec 9, 2016
Manchester
These changes might convince me to save my cash next year and not jump to a (slightly used) Golf GTi, what with the 2.0tsi and digi dash etc!

Quick question Scrogg, does this mean the 2.0tsi will come with the wet clutch 7spd DSG, cos if it does it makes it a no brainer, a quick remap will give it Golf GTi performance for a lot less cash?

stressfree

Jul 26, 2018
Looked at the pdf and read the comments, thank you for sharing.
Shame that they are dropping reversing camera from the Cupra. Parking sensors are good, but camera lets you to get to things even closer. I have an ackward parking spot at work, so camera helps a lot. Also, out of 5 people who got Cupra 300 recently, 4 of them ordered reversing camera. I don't know if you can pass a message to the SEAT, but why don't they make a reversing camera on Cupra standard (same as Xcellence) and an extra from FR Sport.

Reactions: DJ_Eatch

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
How did I miss that. But a MY18 order that’s being converted should still have them shouldn’t it?
Sorry, thought you meant Ibiza and were asking if they had been added to the standard specification. Leon hasn't changed, so will still have them.

rageuk

Jun 30, 2007
West Yorkshire
Sorry, thought you meant Ibiza and were asking if they had been added to the standard specification. Leon hasn't changed, so will still have them.

Phew thanks Scrogg. My dealer has finally confirmed getting 1.5 now that’s about it though. I’ve mentioned about the extras I’ve paid for that are now standard and not had much much of a response from them so far.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I’ve mentioned about the extras I’ve paid for that are now standard and not had much much of a response from them so far.
Your order is price and specification protected at point of order. You either stick with what you have ordered, at the price you have agreed to pay, or you cancel and place a fresh order for a MY19 at today's price. What you won't get is money back for options that used to extra but are now standard whilst simultaneously being protected from the price increase that came into effect on 3rd July.

seaotter388

Jun 9, 2018
In MY18 the FR Ateca standard spec came with equipment such as:
  • Dual zone climate control
  • Rear view camera
  • Electrically adjustable/heated/folding door mirrors
  • Steering wheel-mounted gearshift paddles (DSG models only)
  • CD player
  • Ambient lighting
  • + much more (all can be seen in the pic I've uploaded).
Are all these still going to be included on new orders for a MY19 Ateca FR and/or FR Sport?

2018-07-26_15.49.15.jpg

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...Are all these still going to be included on new orders for a MY19 Ateca FR and/or FR Sport?
If you look at the pdf attached to the first post in this thread it clearly shows which items have been added/removed from the standard specification of every model...

WarthogMKL

Jul 1, 2018
In MY18 the FR Ateca standard spec came with equipment such as:
  • Dual zone climate control
  • Rear view camera
  • Electrically adjustable/heated/folding door mirrors
  • Steering wheel-mounted gearshift paddles (DSG models only)
  • CD player
  • Ambient lighting
  • + much more (all can be seen in the pic I've uploaded).
Are all these still going to be included on new orders for a MY19 Ateca FR and/or FR Sport?

View attachment 1143
Basically you get what you ordered but nothing more.
So you if ordered with metallic paint and paid the extra that is what you get. On a new order metallic paint is free but the cost of the car has gone up by more than the cost you paid for the paint.
But you can still amend your order if you wanted to add more as it is unlikely that your order is fixed ( I have just changed my colour on my 1.4 which is now a 1.5 ordered in April.) the only thing you get extra on a MY19 is the convenience pack which is now included. But the cost of this and the paint on my order is still less than the cost of the price increase for a new order.
More worrying is the reports from Europe that 1.5 Ateca is not available until early 2019 though my dealer says they are still quoting November for new orders according to Seat UK.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...you can still amend your order if you wanted to add more as it is unlikely that your order is fixed (I have just changed my colour on my 1.4 which is now a 1.5 ordered in April)
Whilst technically correct it is worth bearing in mind that ordering for any options not available on MY19 closed on 3rd July, so the only things that can now be added to an Ateca order are boot divider net, panoramic sunroof, space saver spare wheel and tow bar.

Also, a paint upgrade (from Energy Blue to a metaalic colour, or from a metallic colour to Samoa Orange) will incur the extra cost as MY18 orders are only price-protected at the price that applied at point of order.

More worrying is the reports from Europe that 1.5 Ateca is not available until early 2019 though my dealer says they are still quoting November for new orders according to Seat UK.

Reports from who/where in Europe? What is your source?

seaotter388

Jun 9, 2018
Basically you get what you ordered but nothing more.
So you if ordered with metallic paint and paid the extra that is what you get.

Of course but the things I listed in my post and picture are standard equipment included in the base price of the Ateca FR, they were not extras to add on and pay extra for. When I first viewed the PDF I could see none of them were listed as removed, I just became unsure about it when I double checked with my dealer whether the MY19 spec would still come with a reversing camera as standard and was told probably not because it isn't listed... That confused me so I just wanted to ask on here.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...when I double checked with my dealer whether the MY19 spec would still come with a reversing camera as standard and was told probably not because it isn't listed... That confused me so I just wanted to ask on here.
The staff at your dealership are clearly idiots.

MY19 FR is exactly the same as MY18 FR other than convenience pack becoming standard. Rear camera was standard on MY18 FR and is standard on MY19 FR.

Reactions: Samsonite

WarthogMKL

Jul 1, 2018
Reports from who/where in Europe? What is your source?

On Ateca forum from two people in Holland.

"A Dutch guy received the following from his dealer:

The 1.6 TDI has a planned production start in October 2018, all petrol engines will be produced in Q1 2019."

"I just got confirmation from my dealer that the promised delivery month "November" will not be possible.
Delivery will be in Q1 2019 and he can't say which week or month. On October 1st there will be more information."

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
On Ateca forum from two people in Holland...
The Netherlands and the UK are different markets.

I already have orders for cars with both the 1.5 TSI EVO 150 and 2.0 TSI 190 DSG-auto engines confirmed for production in cw36 and cw37, so clearly 'all petrol engines will be produced in Q1 2019' is inaccurate.

Aris88

Aug 8, 2010
Athens, GREECE

I already have orders for cars with both the 1.5 TSI EVO 150 and 2.0 TSI 190 DSG-auto engines confirmed for production in cw36 and cw37, so clearly 'all petrol engines will be produced in Q1 2019' is inaccurate.
when was the order placed for it to be confirmed for production in cw36???

Maha

Jul 29, 2018

Scrogg, maybe a long shot, but do you have any insights for MY19 changes in other countries than the uk? I’m in Denmark and have an unconfirmed order for a 1,4 tsi dsg fr st, and I’m curious about trim-level changes, and motor change as well.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.