n75

mark_20vt

yaksamash...
Apr 2, 2006
king's lynn/ basingstoke
my cars currently got a n75j on it and have been told that when runnin a k03 this can cause probs... on vag com i've got 'boost control pressure: negative deviation.' under low boost and when cold the dv wil chatter (chchchch rather thn pchhhh noise!) hope this makes sense to some1 who has encountered similar, so would i be best off gettin a new n75? if so where is cheapest?
cheers peeps

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
yes - put an original N75 on (C or F)

but the sound you're getting is most likely from a knackered DV

Ibiza Cupra

When the hose off the top of my DV blew off i got really loud "chatter" check all the hoses are on properly and clamped. i've just read that chatter will screw your turbo??!!!

May 2, 2006
yup, chatter is very very bad for the life of your turbo

if you have serviced the dv and its still doing it (after checking all hoses etc ..) id get it changed mate, sooner the better as well

Ibiza Cupra

If you were running a KO3s would a n75j be required??? Wot gains??? I thought the valve was for requesting boost so surely this is changed when it gets mapped??

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
my cars currently got a n75j on it and have been told that when runnin a k03 this can cause probs... on vag com i've got 'boost control pressure: negative deviation.' under low boost and when cold the dv wil chatter (chchchch rather thn pchhhh noise!) hope this makes sense to some1 who has encountered similar, so would i be best off gettin a new n75? if so where is cheapest?
cheers peeps

I have had the same sort of fault code but with 'Positive Deviation' although i think it still related to the N75 Valve

Like m0rk says, you need to get a C or F Valve although i would go for an F Valve really

Here is the Part Number (from the MK3 Cupra Part Numbers Sticky Thread) :-

N75 valve: 058906283F (?)

mark_20vt

yaksamash...
Apr 2, 2006
king's lynn/ basingstoke
giv them the part no don't let them search to find the part... i phoned my local dealer a week ago for a price on an lcr splitter and was quoted 38+vat! gave them the part no today and got one for 16+vat! work that one out!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
giv them the part no don't let them search to find the part... i phoned my local dealer a week ago for a price on an lcr splitter and was quoted 38+vat! gave them the part no today and got one for 16+vat! work that one out!

Thats bizarre!

I made sure i gave them the Part Number! I was quoted £58 including VAT and delivery from two places? :shrug:

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Just ask, normal trade discount. I use them all the time for servicing so I am sure there not out of pocket - not the way the LCR gets through brakes!

Most garages I have used in the past will give 10% discount if you ask nicely.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.