Navigation unavailable

Chuku

Nov 4, 2022
Hello,

I purchased a new Ateca FR 2022 and the navigation is unavailable (country regulations I guess)
Can this be somehow activated?

Hardware: H56
Software: 0809

Tell

Staff member
Hmmm this is an Israel thing where they don't seem to want you to have navigation maps. VAG didn't supply any of their cars with map card for mib2. I've helped out people living in Israel and Palestine on this one before for mib2. For where the map card isn't supplied for mib2 you buy one of internet and down load the map for the region. That worked. If the car is imported from Europe as second-hand with a map car (seem to be a lot of those in Palestine) you have to do a bit of file work covered in here:

Under "Got a car with a working installed map but outside of the region - need to get local map working ? (Mib2 Standard only)"

MIB3 possible solution

Well that above is MIB2 standard your issue is MIB3 this is more experimental but I have been trying to get Seat people to try this out. Haven't heard back yet thou. Whilst uploading maps off the USB was reported to not work in the early days of MIB3 Skoda folk say it does work now. You could try.

Seat website:

Yours is obviously the Israel link.

The instructions are not at the bottom of that link they are the old ones for Mib2. You have a TAR file for Mib3.

Use a USB. If you are using a Mac you must run Keka and CleanMyDrive on the USB after copying it to there. 7zip on a PC. Use the instructions attached from VW Mib3 covers it.

To my knowledge nobody has done this yet on the board but worth a try. You follow the VW PDF but use the Seat file link for Israel. You have to search for the menu option that kicks it off on your car.

Feel free anybody else out of connect contract to see whether you can get this working.

Mib3 units basically use the same approach to updates as the MIb2 high if you aren't on connected services. The website and instructions available were curious but un tested on Seat. Why do Seat put the mib3 files up if you can't do it. Some said in the early days it was for East Europe etc where connected services aren't available. Now as reported Skoda folk in the UK say you can do it. Either Seat's have a navigation FeC in them that stops the upload or it can be done or may be in Israel. I did say experimental. Well worth a try.

Attachments

• Discover_Pro_Gen.3_November_2020.pdf
    343.8 KB · Views: 148

Chuku

Nov 4, 2022
Thanks a lot for the well described answer!
I did try to follow that kind of guides you attached, though maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to finish.
I kinda find it hard to believe that just copying map files will open the navigation option.
The next time I will drive the car I will plug again the USB and see if it does anything.
It's always really annoying that it's an automated process that runs in the background without any indication if it has started or finished.
I will get back here in a few days and give you an update :)

Thanks again

Tell

Staff member
This is the page from the Seat Mib3 manual for a Leon 4. This is suppose to be how it works. It could be that an export car outside Europe it could be further disabled to take the update. If it was mib2 on Europe say it would take about an hour to run. You would expect for just the Israel file it would get done atleast in that time.

20221108_221205.png

We can as @MIB-Wiki whether the experts in mib2 have mastered this aspect in mib3 on a Seat. As said I'm told Skoda mib3 units can take these map updates offline. Seeking information on whether Seat units are shipped with this blocked in Europe / outside Europe.

Chuku

Nov 4, 2022
So I tried doing it on a long ride, didn't seem to do anything :)
worth the try though

Tell

Staff member
Probably unsupported on Seats even though in the Seat manual in Israel. Trying to find out whether that is the case for people in Europe outside of connect contracts. It could be Seat owners get the same deal as Seat owners with mib2 before.... buy a Skoda or hack the unit. Pass on whether the later is possible on a mib3

Chuku

Nov 4, 2022
hack the unit? ^^
It's a brand new car.. I prefer not to do things that will revoke my warranty :)
But let's say I was up to the task... how can it be done?

Tell

Staff member
Pass, I don't know. Have to wait for the mib3 enthusiasts, they might have started already. The enthusiasts cracked mib2. Basically the East Europeans tried to monetize it and West Europeans made it free. Made a better job of it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise