Nearly left... almost went Kia, but now onto a Formentor.

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
Not a new member but been not been on the forum for a while. So two Leons since 2014, both totally fault free, quite boring really, it was that time again earlier this year to order a new car. To cut a very long story short in January ordered a Kia Proceed GT Line-S, had more bells and whistles than a Christmas tree. Ten months later still no sign of it and some orders were turning up with reduced spec and Kia saying no more Line-S variants will be built for the UK. Anyway, order cancelled and instead a shiny new Formentor is on the way, only a V2 manual - but the same as the last two Leon's one an FR the other an Excellence and they've been perfect. Looking forward to another four years of trouble free motoring.

Reactions: H Rafiq

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
Generally forums are populated by either fans or doom mongers, the vast majority are never heard from. I can only comment on my experiences which have only been positive. I've had a read through and it seems most of the issues i've been reading about are software related, I have been seeing the same sort of complaints on the Kia forum and I suspect the same issues are present on other brands also... there's no such thing as perfect software. 🙂

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Generally forums are populated by either fans or doom mongers, the vast majority are never heard from. I can only comment on my experiences which have only been positive. I've had a read through and it seems most of the issues i've been reading about are software related, I have been seeing the same sort of complaints on the Kia forum and I suspect the same issues are present on other brands also... there's no such thing as perfect software. 🙂
Absolutely right mate. There will be loads of individual threads about dodgy infotainment issues (most of which could be compressed into a half a dozen separate threads) or delivery issues, but I'm guessing the vast majority of Formentor owners are entirely happy with their motors. I've said it before and I'll say it again, driving my VZ2 310 makes me (and my missus) very happy indeed.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.